Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

13 hours ago, TwinBeast said:

There was something similar here in Finland in 2017. They didn't succeed in their initiative to cancel a law allowing gender neutral marriage. Hopefully they don't succeed later either if they try again.

They probably won't, there's likely a different mindset there in Finland from what is here. It wasn't very far from succeeding here.

13 hours ago, TwinBeast said:

So this stuff is probably not going to be a big surprise for them. Still, kinda mixed feelings how they're going to be after I've told them.

Judging by what you're saying, it kinda sounds like they're suspecting this, so it might go easier than expected when you'll finally confirm it. Hopefully.

I know mine will never accept me (and especially not the relatives if they would ever find out, at best they'll keep trying to make me change my mind - good luck with that, I'm not "frustrated", "angry", "deceived", or "not thinking clearly because I'm too young to understand" - and at worst make it clear they don't want to have any further contact with me, or outright forsake me). At best they'll learn to live with it, but that's as far as it'll get. Life's gonna be so awesome. It's been shitty for the past few years, I expect adulthood to be living hell.

I recently moved from my parent house to my own apartment in which I am totally alone. How silence and solitude can be this good?

I love singing and was once told I sounded like the reincarnation of David Bowie. Unfortunately everyone I know who makes music is only interested in making instrumentals and I can't play any instruments to save my life.

1 hour ago, DesecratorJ said:

I recently moved from my parent house to my own apartment in which I am totally alone. How silence and solitude can be this good?

Suddenly I envy you SO MUCH.

Gotta be good to finally break free from the chains... something I won't see for at least a few more years ;_; ...

14 hours ago, Danarchy said:

I love singing and was once told I sounded like the reincarnation of David Bowie. Unfortunately everyone I know who makes music is only interested in making instrumentals and I can't play any instruments to save my life.

I took voice lessons for a few years, as a deep baritone it's harder to find stuff I can sing. 

My main friend I do music stuff with convinced me to pick up guitar, and I can do chords fairly fluidly, but playing through full songs and noodling are still beyond me, much less actually singing at the same time. I much prefer to just sing though.

I seem to remember you saying in the past you liked Type O Negative. My friend and I recorded a (very rough) cover of Green Man a little while back.

47 minutes ago, DuckReconMajor said:

I took voice lessons for a few years, as a deep baritone it's harder to find stuff I can sing. 

My main friend I do music stuff with convinced me to pick up guitar, and I can do chords fairly fluidly, but playing through full songs and noodling are still beyond me, much less actually singing at the same time. I much prefer to just sing though.

I seem to remember you saying in the past you liked Type O Negative. My friend and I recorded a (very rough) cover of Green Man a little while back.

Noice! Type O Negative is one of the bands I most enjoy singing. Definitely on the low end of my range, though. :P

I'm tired to watch hentai and I don't want to think about sex. But I can't stop do it when I see an erotic furry and anime art. 

Spoiler

Oh, why I write there? Nobody listen me.

I self medicate with mary jane in the evenings to stabilise my sleep and moods. It works better than my prescribed medication.

On 7/29/2019 at 2:47 PM, seed said:

Judging by what you're saying, it kinda sounds like they're suspecting this, so it might go easier than expected when you'll finally confirm it. Hopefully.

Today finally told my parents about being trans, my (new) first names and some of my experiences about the stuff. Didn't wait till meeting with them the next time, so I just sent messages with WhatsApp. My mom replied about this being ok to them. Yay! I feel relieved. Though I'll probably still be somewhat nervous the next time I meet with them. Probably goes ok and can be more open about stuff.

On 7/29/2019 at 2:47 PM, seed said:

I know mine will never accept me (and especially not the relatives if they would ever find out, at best they'll keep trying to make me change my mind - good luck with that, I'm not "frustrated", "angry", "deceived", or "not thinking clearly because I'm too young to understand" - and at worst make it clear they don't want to have any further contact with me, or outright forsake me). At best they'll learn to live with it, but that's as far as it'll get. Life's gonna be so awesome. It's been shitty for the past few years, I expect adulthood to be living hell.

Hopefully things go well for you. Maybe you can try testing them with something small first? When they get used to that, add a little bit more.

9 minutes ago, TwinBeast said:

Today finally told my parents about being trans, my (new) first names and some of my experiences about the stuff. Didn't wait till meeting with them the next time, so I just sent messages with WhatsApp. My mom replied about this being ok to them. Yay! I feel relieved. Though I'll probably still be somewhat nervous the next time I meet with them. Probably goes ok and can be more open about stuff.

That's pretty awesome, good to hear it went well. I do think my suspicions were right in this case, they might have been suspecting this for some time, which would explain their apparent lack of surprise.

11 minutes ago, TwinBeast said:

Hopefully things go well for you. Maybe you can try testing them with something small first? When they get used to that, add a little bit more.

Maybe in the future when they will finally understand that some things had been set in stone ages ago. I tried doing this a few times in the past and the results were atrocious, resulting in all sorts of nonsensical discussions. So, at a later time maybe, but similar to you they'll probably not be surprised by that revelation since I am not exactly keeping certain things hidden and might even give some subtle hints occasionally. Plus, they do know some of my interests, but still hope they're nothing more than that 1.0.

I have made a 90% recovery from my last year's noise trauma.

It seems that even after almost a year my ears still aren't what they used to be, but I'm slowly getting there. And it's infinitely better than it was during the first weeks when everything made my ears start ringing like crazy and subsequently gave me migraines. Listening to rawer black metal a la Darkthrone on Under A Funeral Moon made my ears blow up instantly back then.

Careful what you do with your headphones people, you don't want to go through this.

I regularly play the 20th anniversary editions of the PSX/N64 Dooms soundtracks while driving. In particular it's fun to roll the windows down during quiet night drives. It really changes the mood of things.

23 minutes ago, GoatLord said:

I regularly play the 20th anniversary editions of the PSX/N64 Dooms soundtracks while driving. In particular it's fun to roll the windows down during quiet night drives. It really changes the mood of things.

That's the spirit :) 

12 minutes ago, seed said:

That's the spirit :) 

Also wanted to add that when you have decent speakers, the OST really comes to life. There's so much that you miss if you don't have a good sound system. It's still terrifying decades later!

Before I die, I'm going to request some long songs at my funeral just so I could mess with the guys attending there. No one is also allowed to leave until all the songs are finished playing. Here's my funeral playlist so far: 

1. Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother Suite

2. Miles Davis - In A Silent Way

3. Pink Floyd - Echoes

4. Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells (Part 1 and 2)

5. Underworld - Dark And Long (Dark Train)

6. David Bowie - Station To Station

7. Chris Butler - The Devil Glitch

8. The Orb - Blue Room

9. Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond

I want to make the list bigger so I would love your recommendations. Also I'm probably going to end up in Hell for this.

2 hours ago, BrassKnight said:

long songs

Here is a few in the 20 minute range...

Dream Theater - A Change of Seasons

Nightwish - The Greatest Show On Earth

Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick, Part I

Savoy Brown - Savoy Brown Boogie

Fates Warning - The Ivory Gate of Dreams

Rush - 2112

Emerson, Lake and Palmer - Tarkus

I managed to flood my room last night (can't take a proper bath anymore...) . It had to happen eventually...

Kinda ruined the wooden floor in the process but it could've been so much worse. Yesterday was such a fucking depressing day.

I'm the oldest one in my university group, I could see this coming, but it still feels so strange, because I'm so used to be younger one.

Had a school assignment to study Paranoid and Schizoid (+ Avoidant as a bonus) personality disorders and then talk about them with the teacher today (went pretty well, I was very knowledgeable about them). Did an online test yesterday which scored each PD from 0 to 100 with 50 or over scores indicating potential for having it.

Here's the results:
Paranoid        14
Schizoid        68
Schizotypal        39
Antisocial        0
Borderline        22
Histrionic        0
Narcissistic        0
Avoidant        68
Dependent        44
Obsessive-Compulsive    34

And a doctor has diagnosed me with the Paranoid PD earlier, yet it's the lowest non zero score in this test. How did I get that instead of the ones I actually might have...