Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tracer

Share a random fact about yourself

I have made a 90% recovery from my last year's noise trauma.

It seems that even after almost a year my ears still aren't what they used to be, but I'm slowly getting there. And it's infinitely better than it was during the first weeks when everything made my ears start ringing like crazy and subsequently gave me migraines. Listening to rawer black metal a la Darkthrone on Under A Funeral Moon made my ears blow up instantly back then.

Careful what you do with your headphones people, you don't want to go through this.

I regularly play the 20th anniversary editions of the PSX/N64 Dooms soundtracks while driving. In particular it's fun to roll the windows down during quiet night drives. It really changes the mood of things.

23 minutes ago, GoatLord said:

I regularly play the 20th anniversary editions of the PSX/N64 Dooms soundtracks while driving. In particular it's fun to roll the windows down during quiet night drives. It really changes the mood of things.

That's the spirit :) 

12 minutes ago, seed said:

That's the spirit :) 

Also wanted to add that when you have decent speakers, the OST really comes to life. There's so much that you miss if you don't have a good sound system. It's still terrifying decades later!

Before I die, I'm going to request some long songs at my funeral just so I could mess with the guys attending there. No one is also allowed to leave until all the songs are finished playing. Here's my funeral playlist so far: 

1. Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother Suite

2. Miles Davis - In A Silent Way

3. Pink Floyd - Echoes

4. Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells (Part 1 and 2)

5. Underworld - Dark And Long (Dark Train)

6. David Bowie - Station To Station

7. Chris Butler - The Devil Glitch

8. The Orb - Blue Room

9. Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond

I want to make the list bigger so I would love your recommendations. Also I'm probably going to end up in Hell for this.

2 hours ago, BrassKnight said:

long songs

Here is a few in the 20 minute range...

Dream Theater - A Change of Seasons

Nightwish - The Greatest Show On Earth

Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick, Part I

Savoy Brown - Savoy Brown Boogie

Fates Warning - The Ivory Gate of Dreams

Rush - 2112

Emerson, Lake and Palmer - Tarkus

I managed to flood my room last night (can't take a proper bath anymore...) . It had to happen eventually...

Kinda ruined the wooden floor in the process but it could've been so much worse. Yesterday was such a fucking depressing day.

I'm the oldest one in my university group, I could see this coming, but it still feels so strange, because I'm so used to be younger one.