Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Big Robb

Downgrading Ultimate Doom.

I have Ultimate Doom but I would like to play the orignal released version of Doom. I think its v1.0 perhaps? I'm not sure. Are there any programs out there that can downgrade the ultimate doom wad to this version?

You could always just download the shareware version if that's what you're looking for.

Well theres a patch here a 1.9 to 1.1 downgrade patch but it only works in msdos (1.1) and it didnt totally work for me probably due to the crap computer i tryed it on

You can download the v0.99 (I think) EXE, and then use the Ultimate Doom
WAD with it. The levels will be the same versions that you're used to,
but you can't play nightmare, and you have have 999% armor.

TeamTNT had nothing to do with Ultimate Doom.

You could remove all the extra lumps in the main wad file (E4Mx, WILV3x, extra textures etc) but some of the levels were different (E1M1 for instance didnt originally have the switch to open the secret door near the entrance).

I really dont know why you want to do this, though. It really isnt that different from the registered version.

If you have played the first three episodes of Ultimate Doom, then you've already played the original version. If you put both of them side by side and played them at the same time, you would not be able to tell the difference between the two, except for insignificant map differences and the fourth episode. I'd say, if you did manage to play the original, you would most likely be disappointed at how similar it is to Ultimate Doom.

The Big Robb said:

I still want to play it.

I can send you the downgrade version if you really want it...
(Doom v1.1 I think...)