Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
MaeveOfSwords

CITADEL.WAD

Hia all

This is my first WAD, I've worked on it a few hours a week for the last six months, just as a creative side project to keep myself sane during the end of my degree.

Its just one level, though its quite large.

I'm not sure how much fun it is, I was just creating what I thought were interesting environments, traps and encounters, learning how to map and making it up as I went. (I did go back and edit/fix earlier parts when I learned better techniques)

I'd really appreciate any feedback anybody could offer to help me polish it.

Note that this is a single player map built and tested for GZ Doom.
I strongly recommend you have free look enabled, and you will need to be able to jump.

Click here to get the WAD

Screenshots

Spoiler

I can already say by looking at the screenshots that you have lots of misaligned textures, press "A" in DB's Visual Mode a few times and it'll look a lot better. Other than that, looks cool.

bzzrak said:

I can already say by looking at the screenshots that you have lots of misaligned textures, press "A" in DB's Visual Mode a few times and it'll look a lot better. Other than that, looks cool.

Pressing A for horizontal alignment will not solve everything mind you because when used on a texture with bricks and/or panels; it will look like wallpaper. You want to break up a line to multiple segments and align manually. Shift-A for vertical alignment on the other hand is very useful.

Having just this week had a chance to start playing Doom 2016, I wanted to say I did not copy the boss fight with the mastermind, with the variably appearing pillars, that was a surprising coincidence.