Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Gamer With Dignity

How do I make a projectile collide with actors but not floors/walls?

When you say "doesn't collide with floors or walls", you mean it should freely pass through them, right? In regards to floors, this is outright impossible, because objects in the Doom engine cannot exist below the floor level or above the ceiling level of the sector they are currently in - which also means that they can't possibly pass under raised ledges or above closed doors etc. Passing merely through 1-sided linedefs (assuming no sectors with different heights behind them) would be possible by giving the projectiles a NOCLIP flag (which would make them unable to hit actors, though) or by giving them zero radius and height (which I'm not sure how it would affect their ability to hit actors). Either way, I believe you can't achieve what you want, if I assume correctly that you want projectiles that freely pass through everything but actors, while their collisions with actors work as they do on normal projectiles.

scifista42 said:

In regards to floors, this is outright impossible, because objects in the Doom engine cannot exist below the floor level or above the ceiling level of the sector they are currently in - which also means that they can't possibly pass under raised ledges or above closed doors etc.

What about on terrain with footclip?