Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

Doom - Bloodfall now available

Anyone else here a little ticked off by the fact that we cannot pick our preferred MP mode? I've been playing for 2 days now with over 30 games played and I still haven't landed on the new map Empyrian which looks awesome judging by the screens. Can't they put priority on the new maps for this weekend?! Seems that I keep getting a bad rotation. I'm always landing on the older maps.

royaldj said:

Anyone else here a little ticked off by the fact that we cannot pick our preferred MP mode?

Same here, thats the reason I stopped playing Doom MP :-(.

It's make me sick too, but still playing... Dunno how fast I return into QL or will try something new.

Awesome netcode, nice shooting system, great design of maps e t.c., but still no server browser.

Personally I hate endless menus and load screens in Doom, it's better if they try to add something like an battlelog. Don't want to hear that hrhrhrhr and look at cheap simple white logo.

You can't have a server browser and Player progression (Like many other competitive Multiplayer games), that's gonna end up with throwing players randomly no matter what their level was, the Matchmaking is designed to organize players and teams depending on their level, So to bring dedicated servers they're gonna have to sacrifice the leveling system (Which i don't think they would do anytime soon).

Although a separate Dedicated servers build of the Multiplayer would be a welcome addition.

that's gonna end up with throwing players randomly no matter what their level was

Do you know about ELO system used in QL? Where every player has a rating. It works better than matchmaking in Doom, but not so good as BattleNet for sure. Matchmaking isn't panacea at all. Levels is nothing, but skill is everything. With dedicated servers you can organize match with only high skilled players, totally without noobs or you can kick cheater's ass from the server.

Played that Bone map. Pretty cool. Reminds me of one map from Killzone 3, as far as, like, an alien forest kind of thing.

Don't like "Boneyard" at all, because this map very colorful for Doom. IMHO. :> "Outbreak" at another hand feels like Doom for 666%, very awesome to be part of multiplayer content only!

very colorful for Doom, you serious ? lol i heard most people disliked the E3 Doom because it was less colorful compared to Doom 1.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

very colorful for Doom, you serious ? lol i heard most people disliked the E3 Doom because it was less colorful compared to Doom 1.

I'm glad they listened, I think id struck a good balance with the finished product. There's no shortage of colors (The Cacodemon, Pinkie, and Baron are all vibrant enough that it immediately invokes memories of their originals) but they still have that grotesque beastly quality to them.

These environments should have been in the campaign. This is what I imagined Titan's Realm to be.

Seems like a waste of resources and potential.

DooM_RO said:

These environments should have been in the campaign. This is what I imagined Titan's Realm to be.

Seems like a waste of resources and potential.

It looks ..... *droool*. You're so right, if I said this stuff a few months ago I would've gotten so much shit for it though, I remember how it was when I used to just wonder if we will ever get more SP and how some of the mp maps and resources could have went to the campaign. All the shit I used to get. Just because I was new here. Just saying :P

That's human nature though, to be a bit judgemental, prejudiced, preferential etc

PS Got nothing against you, this was just used as an example, it could have been someone else posting. So dont rip me a new one please!

massivefanofdoom said:

It looks ..... *droool*. You're so right, if I said this stuff a few months ago I would've gotten so much shit for it though, I remember how it was when I used to just wonder if we will ever get more SP and how some of the mp maps and resources could have went to the campaign. All the shit I used to get. Just because I was new here. Just saying :P

That's human nature though, to be a bit judgemental, prejudiced, preferential etc

PS Got nothing against you, this was just used as an example, it could have been someone else posting. So dont rip me a new one please!

Keep in mind that the original multiplayer maps were made by a different developer, so those were separate resources back then. And then Bethesda committed the post-release resources to multiplayer by creating the season pass. People pre-ordered the season pass and so those multiplayer DLCs had to be the top priority.

So the sequel should have wiser priorities hopefully.

ChickenOrBeef said:

Keep in mind that the original multiplayer maps were made by a different developer, so those were separate resources back then. And then Bethesda committed the post-release resources to multiplayer by creating the season pass. People pre-ordered the season pass and so those multiplayer DLCs had to be the top priority.

So the sequel should have wiser priorities hopefully.

I see, who made the original maps?

massivefanofdoom said:

I see, who made the original maps?

The multiplayer was made by Certain Affinity. Then id Software took over the multiplayer after launch.

watstha said:

As far as I know, this is the final DLC, so I guess there will be no other updates for Snapmap either? Or am I wrong on this?

I dont know how serious you can take this, but if it is true what this guy is talking then there is more snapmap content coming. At least if i understand correctly what he is talking - english is not my first language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8l_JdkTvNAc&t

MrInternational said:

YO! Lateral thrusts looks like you could have a lot of fun with, and that grenade launcher looks really good. Being able to play as a spectre is a dream come true for me. Can't wait to get it.

Wow long time no see!