Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

DOOM - Build & Play New Campaigns in SnapMap

Recommended Posts

Looks like the devs are done with the game Updates, Although there are plenty of Bugs left behind on SnapMap and some Important missing features (Notably missing Demons), too bad, Although I hope that's not the case I wish the sequel will be better.

Share this post


Link to post
ChickenOrBeef said:

It looks like the SnapMap updates might be over. Kevin didn't mention future updates at all.

"...but we’re not done yet."
"...final SnapMap update of 2016"
The world ends before 2017 confirmed.

Share this post


Link to post

Clearly Kevin Cloud went back in time to do updates 1-4, and this is the message he wrote before heading off in the original timeline. He's not done doing what he's already will done.

Share this post


Link to post
YukiHerz said:

"...but we’re not done yet."
"...final SnapMap update of 2016"
The world ends before 2017 confirmed.


He said "we're not done yet" right before he went on to talk about the new update. So it sounds like he was just referring to that.

And while he said "final update of 2016", it's odd he never mentioned any plans for 2017 at all.

It sounds to me that they're done with major updates, just like they're done with the major multiplayer DLC. I would assume they'll just do bug fixes and tweaks from now on.

Share this post


Link to post
ChickenOrBeef said:

He said "we're not done yet" right before he went on to talk about the new update. So it sounds like he was just referring to that.

And while he said "final update of 2016", it's odd he never mentioned any plans for 2017 at all.

It sounds to me that they're done with major updates, just like they're done with the major multiplayer DLC. I would assume they'll just do bug fixes and tweaks from now on.


That's how I took it as well. I'm not even sure what more they could add, to be honest, besides new modules for each of the themes and maybe the Summoner (ugh... I still hate not having what I consider one of the best enemies in the game).

Share this post


Link to post

This video changes fotage every second or so to not become boring, which is saying something as the regular doom campaign preview did not.

I want a proper non-amateur experience. I'm not jumping into snapmap before we get past the 1994 levelisms in 2016 doom.

Share this post


Link to post

If id Software dude don't know anything about Doom's support in future, it's totally looks like Bethesda has no plans on Doom in '17. Just cross your fingers for addon. ;)

Share this post


Link to post

As of right now there are two development teams within ID, one is focused on Quake Champions and the other one is handling DOOM'16. It's possible that Kevin Cloud will still lead the Snapmap team for a few years to come.

Share this post


Link to post

It's also worth noting that when the DOOM alpha was cracked, the files showed there were plans for three other module themes (Hell, Classic, Lazarus). Those three themes have now been released, so that also signals that their original roadmap for SnapMap is complete.

victorboris1 said:

It's possible that Kevin Cloud will still lead the Snapmap team for a few years to come.


I would be fine with just having a very small team that handles bug fixes, tweaks, and minor improvements. Just to make sure SnapMap is going smoothly.

Of course, if id Software plans on somehow having SnapMap be compatible with the assumed sequel, then that would give them a reason to keep providing significant updates.

Share this post


Link to post
ChickenOrBeef said:

It's also worth noting that when the DOOM alpha was cracked, the files showed there were plans for three other module themes (Hell, Classic, Lazarus). Those three themes have now been released, so that also signals that their original roadmap for SnapMap is complete.

I would be fine with just having a very small team that handles bug fixes, tweaks, and minor improvements. Just to make sure SnapMap is going smoothly.

Of course, if id Software plans on somehow having SnapMap be compatible with the assumed sequel, then that would give them a reason to keep providing significant updates.


Someone on Reddit brought up the fact that ID is looking to hire some expert on monetization, it could be something for Quake Champions, or it could be that they're planning to expand Snapmap on long haul with paid assets.

Share this post


Link to post

Not everyone will want to pony up money for SnapMap assets..

Share this post


Link to post

Only way they should charge for SnapMap is to release them as new campaign DLC, and having that DLC lets you use its' artwork, monsters, modules, ect.

Share this post


Link to post
victorboris1 said:

Someone on Reddit brought up the fact that ID is looking to hire some expert on monetization, it could be something for Quake Champions, or it could be that they're planning to expand Snapmap on long haul with paid assets.


That hire is most likely for Quake Champions. Tim Willits said they still didn't know how to monetize Quake Champions, so it sounds like they need some guidance for that game.

Share this post


Link to post
ChickenOrBeef said:

That hire is most likely for Quake Champions. Tim Willits said they still didn't know how to monetize Quake Champions, so it sounds like they need some guidance for that game.


Is hard to belive they don't know how to monetize Quake Champions. They should go for mid tier price with "Battlepacks" ala Battlefield and Weapons Skins like in CSGO.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×