Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CaptainManiac

making the player follow a scripted path? :(

Uh,can i make the player move along a scripted path of points?
like this:

#include "zcommon.acs"

script 1 enter
{
Thing_ChangeTID(0,12);
Thing_Setgoal(12,13,0,0);
}
i tried this and when i went on the game the player was frozen with still shooting and then it was unfreezed,but did not follow the point.Why is this happening?

Thing_Setgoal may only work on things with a monster AI. The player doesn't have monster AI, he's controlled remotely by the person who plays the game. If you want to make a cutscene where the player seems to be moving, use a ZDoom scripted marine in the player's place instead, that one is basically a monster with AI.

I need to make a first person sequence like the player sees from his perspective how he follows a goal.Is this possible?Is there a way to make the player walk to there?

Not the player, but a scripted marine yes. Use ChangeCamera to set the player's first person view to the scripted marine's point of view, that way you should be able to achieve what you want.

As the ChangeCamera wiki page suggests, you might need to make a custom DECORATE actor (derived from ScriptedMarine in your case) with a CameraHeight property set to a convenient value.

Not sure how you mean that. Of course I'm talking about classic Doom as opposed to Doom 3 or Doom 2016. These features are ZDoom-specific, though, so don't expect them to work in non-ZDoom ports.

I tried to make a path and the monster camera worked good,but... the monster have seen me and i just looked at the environment from his eyes,but the path has not been followed