Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wili

Making a map for a modded Brutal Doom

Hi, I'm making a Doom II map, I'm using Brutal Doom mod for my map because I like it a lot, but I'm making a mod that overrides some Brutal Doom features.
I'm removing the grenade drops from sergeants and the health bonus from fatalities for example, I want to give the player the quantity of ammo and health that I want for the map, I want it to be scarce. I'm also removing some weapon drops like the "HellishMissileLauncher" dropped by Revenants.
I'm making the map for playing it in Brutal Doom realism mode but others skill levels will be also supported.
You will need to have Brutal Doom as well as my Custom Mod for playing the map properly.

My question is, is that allowed? making a mod of a mod?

Thank you!

Yeah, they're allowed. You'll see other Brutal Doom submods on ModDB if you search around enough. If you're making for a modded version, you should also have said version available for download as well.

Nice, thank you for your answer!
I don't really know what you mean by I should also have said version available for download, I have GZDoom with Brutal Doom last version installed, I drop my map wad file and my pk3 mod file on top of "gzdoom - PLAY BRUTAL DOOM.EXE" file in order to play my modded map, so my mod overrides some parts of Brutal Doom, I'm not planning on modifying Brutal Doom files and uploading it completely, my mod only has the Brutal Doom files that are modified.

Thank you!