Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

My friend asked me to make a poll here

Are you familiar with the Netflix and chill meme?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Are you familiar with the Netflix and chill meme?

• Yes
    • No

A friend of mine was arguing with me over something, and he twisted my arm into making an internet poll to try and resolve our dispute.

He insists that the phrase "Netflix and chill" (a euphemism for sex) is a commonly used term/meme. I've asserted that it's juvenile and (for lack of a better word) douchey sounding, and that most people on the internet probably haven't heard it before. He's adamant that most people on the internet do know the term/meme. So I ask you good people, have you heard the expression before?

I'm really sorry for wasting your time with this tosh. Can't say I'll be surprised if this winds up in post hell.

Just because it's kind of dumb and douchey doesn't mean it's not a well-known euphemism. In fact, being dumb and douchey almost guarantees that it's a well-known meme. Sorry, bruh.

I didn't know it was a euphemism for sex but I've heard "Netflix and chill." I always thought it was like saying "like a couch potato but worse."

you're asking people on a forum for a 23 year old game opinions on a social phenomenon

i feel like your results are gonne be a little skewed

I've heard of this Netflix and chill thing, but always took it literally I guess? How the fuck does chilling out and watching TV imply sex at all? Weird, man.

I'm from the US and it is a meme that appears on late-night variety shows, stand-up comedy, probably several other predictable places where they mine the zeitgeist for the latest material

It's not exactly funny, it's just a comment on how people need an excuse to hang out and use coded language for making out or getting laid.

I've heard it as well, but I, too, have taken it literally and thought it meant literally watch Netflix and relaxing. I honestly can't even connect it to a sex euphemism.

Netflix and Chill.

Netflix and the concept of chilling is harmless sounding. Movies and hanging out...cool!

All lies. Just bait to hopefully get pussy.

I bet your friend is telling you to suck it at this point.

Tracey delivered it more effectively than I ever could. also this meme also emerged on the internet I never intended to say that comedians would invent this.

If i cared about Netflix, I probably would've have known. But since i dont care about Netflix, i am unfamiliar with the term.
Does that make me illegible to vote on the meme poll?

I've heard it a few times.
Basically lets put Netflix on but don't really watch it and end up having sex.
Sexflix lol
No, that's a completely different market.

It's impossible to not know the term if any of your acquaintances is an American woman under the age of 30.

yukib1t said:

It may have been more of an American kids sort of thing. I know I grew up watching it *cough*

I reckon we just got late night re-runs of the Red shoe diaries *cringe

How old are you then? Because I turn 34 this Thursday and it's one big *shrug* for me. I stopped getting mad at future slang ages ago because I realized I didn't want to sound either autistic or a thousand. Though I still try and avoid 4chan lingo.

Wild Dog said:

How "Netflix and chill" can be an euphemism for sex???

On the Internet, anything is possible.

I quite honestly prefer DOOM and chill. Netflix is overrated either way.

Wild Dog said:

How "Netflix and chill" can be an euphemism for sex???

It's teenage slang. It came about as a joke as people would suggest watching Netflix (which seems innocent enough) but actually just want the person to come over so they can be intimate with them.

So specifically, if a boy said to a girl "do you want to come to my place for Netflix and chill?" it means "Do you want to come over to my place so we can turn on the TV but actually ignore it and make out".

There are plenty of other phrases like it. For example, everyone knows what "put your keys in a bowl" means, and that's even more obscure on the face of it than "Netflix and chill".