Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tourniquet

Altitude [on /idgames]

Sort of a side project i worked on and off, mostly whenever i got tired of other things. It's designed for Vanilla/Chocolate Doom has a lot of verticality and is maybe a bit clashy here and there.

Some pics taken in Chocolate Doom:

Tested in Vanilla / Chocolate Doom 2.2.1 & PrBoom 2.5.1.4
Cheers to Killer5 for playtesting

Final Version

Hey, that's a nice surprise, truth be told I never expected to see a mix of miasma's general approach and semi-oldschool vanilla mapping entwining it. Here's an FDA in case you care. Lengthy, a number of close calls. Who am I fooling though, I knew this map's going to be long and tricky, so my expectations were certainly met in that regard, heh.
Nice stuff, it seems like I've missed a good portion of it anyway judging by the monster count, nevertheless I've seen enough hairy stuff to say it's a hit. Notably more lenient than said miasma of course, still a fair share of hecticness is there to keep the player awake with a violent slap. Props for putting the stock textures to good use, too.

Cheers everyone.

Hey cool, FDA's are always a pleasant suprise, gonna watch it immediately, thanks Demonologist.

Edit: Very well played mate, i really enjoyed watching the demo, nice final fight cheesing btw :D

Really fantastic shots tourniquet! I like the emphasis on verticality and I also enjoy the texture usage. I'll give it a spin when I get a free chance :)

Cheers again, allready noticed a bunch of stuff that requires changes during your stream. Think i'll have a updated version ready soon.

The blue key secret in the switch hunt area HOMs out and won't let the secret trigger. I don't know if this is a result of pressing switches in the wrong order or something else.

Lots of time lost on this.

Hm, allready considered to rework the BK secret. Could you specify what port/complevel your playing in. Also do you use any Gamplay mods? I'm allready aware that Complex Doom breaks this secret maybe other mods too.

Market came from my twitch stream, was using GLBoom+ CL9 but people in chat tested it with DOS and normal PRBoom on various comp levels. The sector didn't HOM in software render but other people still weren't able to get the secret to trigger.

VOD link for when we finally found it, I then restart the map and confirm you get no secret for it.

https://www.twitch.tv/megablast98/v/111740652?t=3h42m00s

Just want to say the map is great! For whatever reason I wanted to max it and spent forever finding secrets. Thank you for making it though, was a pleasure to playthrough.

MegaBlast said:

Market came from my twitch stream, was using GLBoom+ CL9 but people in chat tested it with DOS and normal PRBoom on various comp levels. The sector didn't HOM in software render but other people still weren't able to get the secret to trigger.

Cool, thanks for the playtrough and the patience Mega. I've allready watched the replay on your channel and i'm really glad you enjoyed the map.

I've updated the OP with a new version.

Changelog:

Spoiler

HNTR added
Fixed the BK HOM and the bugged secret
Final fight is not any longer cheesable
Tried to make some of the rather obscure secrets more obvious (including the RK secret)
Some small adjustment to various encounters

Hopefully this will be the final version that i can upload to /idgames anytime soon.

Oh nice, thanks once again for giving it another spin. You found all of them but unfortunately the Megasphere Secret did not trigger, perhaps because the crate wasn't fully lowered. I'll take another look at it.