Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

2017 Goals

-Play more wads
-be more active on Doomworld forums
-Learn to make better sprites
-Contribute 2D graphics to project(s)

- When back from travel, finish completing the IWAD/game Sentient Mushes. It got quite a lot of progress recently, and I'd like to announce that it will have a brand new gametype - Mushmatch - and innovating features. It will also have oldschool style.

- Make MIDIs for some project (I haven't decided on which yet).

Wait until ZScript is finally available, then take it slow and easy as I convert all DECORATE code in my mod into ZScript code, and make sure every single bug I find in there goes KA-SQUASH!

You could say quality and perfection are my policy. ;)

I lied.

Edited by HavoX

The only goal I have in mind that is Doom related is to put out at least one small mapset (6 or 11 maps should do) to help get myself back into the mapping scene. Maybe It'll happen, but Idunno.

Play more Doom WADs (got a big ol' list), and also the stuff others have mentioned, like hitting the gym more often etc. And remembering to enjoy it, not stress on the small stuff, and also play more Doom.

Get aa PC that can actually run games decently in low ssettings. I ddon't need 60FPS juice, I notice smoothness at at least 20 FPS and optimal at 30 FPS.

Same as every other year tbh, to finish Doom 64, Doom 3, the wraith megawads (Finished one of them!) and now, finish Doom 2016. I really have no excuse not to, aside from time management

Create a Doom map.

Create a Doom 2 map.

Create an Eternity Engine map that does something with EE's nifty features.

Play around with the Freedoom textures. In particular, see if I can take its STARTAN3 and tweak it so that it actually plays nice with the other STAR* textures like it looks like it's supposed to.

- Make some Hexen playthroughs of maps, mapsets (in progress).
- Gain subscribers on YT channel (in progress).
- Make some Doom skins and release them.
- Improving my martial arts skills and body flexability.
- Get Platinum trophy on Doom 3 BFG on PS3.
- Trying to get a new PC or PS4 and possibly new games.
- Make at least a Heretic playthrough of a map or mapset.
- Getting my voice deeper.
- Figuring how to beat Deathkings of Dark Citadel and possibly replaying Hell to Pay with a mod.
- And continuing to love Revenants and killing Pain Elementals.

Not sure if this is a realistic goal. I'll probably have to shape it into something more concrete. The gist of it is to learn not to measure my self-worth to the community by how prolific I am as a mapper so I can cheer up and make maps more often anyway without any of that completely artificial pressure.

My goal is to increase the number of complete maps in my mega WAD project. Only 28 maps to go.

I also want to play through more of the old mega WADs.

I'm going to first stream through all the doom games including their expansions, on ultraviolence.

Then I will try to have a go at some map building. I need to get used to Doombuilder before I should make any big wads.

1) Release something.
2) Join whatever community project I can find and make a map.
3) ???
4) Profit!

Ok, I only have a single goal from now on:
- Acting like a normal man for once! C'mon, I'm doing 14 at May 16th! I can't believe all this time has passed and I still didn't learn how to deal with trolls!

-Start mapping again. I have tons of things I want to do but still feel fatigued from Valiant and Ancient Aliens.

-Learn an advanced port and become as comfortable with advanced port mapping workflows (writing ACS scripts, creating custom things, setting up advanced mapping features such as portals and polyobjects) as I am with those for Boom/Vanilla/MBF.

-Dabble a bit in texture creation. Not sure I have the patience but I want to try at some point.

On 2/23/2017 at 7:12 PM, SArais said:

1: Contribute something of actual value to this community.

That went well!

^ Hah.

As for my goals. I think I did all of them well except:

- get fitter
- less community projects

Instead I sat on my arse instead of going to the gym and made a bunch of community map submissions, haha. :P

Better luck next year?