Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vegeta

editing vanilla Final DOOM's exes

How can I do to edit both DOOM2.exe files of Final DOOM? I tried with Dehacked, by it says that it is a diferent version of DOOM, or something like that.
Do you know another way?

Vegeta, open dehacked.ini, find "The size of the user-defined Doom exe file" and set it to 722629 (this is the size of the Final DOOM EXE), make sure it's uncommented. It works, I've made patches for the Final DOOM EXE.

Just in case: Make sure you're using DeHackEd 3.1. Final DOOM support was added in the last version of DHE, I think. Also, make sure dehacked is really selecting Final DOOM's EXE (and not DOOM II's), and that it's not working on a hack EXE made for DOOM II (it should be a new one specifically made from Final DOOM's EXE).

Anyone know why Dehacked 3.1 puts a some garbled code characters in a patches that are supposed to be plain text? I didn't like that so I just use 3.0a with normal Doom 2 or Ultimate Doom.

Gokuma said:

Anyone know why Dehacked 3.1 puts a some garbled code characters in a patches that are supposed to be plain text? I didn't like that so I just use 3.0a with normal Doom 2 or Ultimate Doom.

I haven't seen any such characters... not as far as I can recall.

myk said:

I haven't seen any such characters... not as far as I can recall.

Me neither.