Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrimCuttle

[Linux] Doomseeker - Plugins missing from "engines/" directory

I tried to install Doomseeker with Zandronum on Linux Mint, and whenever I try to open Doomseeker it tells me plugins are missing from the "engines/" directory.
This is probably why my "engines" tab in configuration does nothing.

Where do I find the "engines/" directory and what do I put in it?

Is that a package in Linux Mint?

If so, sounds like the package maintainer mucked up and forgot to add the plugins to the package. Or maybe there is a separate package for the plugins?

I believe apt works on mint ?

Do:
apt-cache search doomseeker

My shot:
Either you do not have doomseeker-zandronum or you changed the path of usr/bin/zandronum.

Filystyn said:

I believe apt works on mint ?

Do:
apt-cache search doomseeker

My shot:
Either you do not have doomseeker-zandronum or you changed the path of usr/bin/zandronum.

Apt-cache has given me this:

Duplicate sources.list entry http://debian.drdteam.org/ stable/multiverse amd64 Packages (/var/lib/apt/lists/debian.drdteam.org_dists_stable_multiverse_binary-amd64_Packages)

Okay nevermind, it's working now!
I just had to do sudo apt-get install doomseeker-zandronum.

Okie dokie, now I have a new problem, great.
Almost every server I join tells me the "lump authentication failed, please make sure you have the right WAD(S) and try again."
How do I fix this?

That one is hard.

Let me tell you a story, I once wanted to play with my mates doom so we put up one laptop with windows 7 and other with windows 8. And guess what. The one with windows 7 complained about maps checksum downloaded from the same usb stick when the windows 8 one accepted (tho i still blame windows on this one, it does not change fact I had problems like that few times). There is literally something fucked up with checksums on zandronum. Finally sites you download maps from might have some little differences on maps still with same name. So yeah gg on this one.

With checksum idea literally one byte standing out is enough to give you completely outstanding value.

There was also bug -> not sure they repaired it that on checksum fail it would shit you out all checksum values. So yeah very helpful. You have one bad map but here sit and check all of them for the broken one string.

Try changing sites for wads downloading I guess. You also need luck. Hue.