Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AverageWalrus24

[Deleted]

Averagewalrus24 said:

I'll be straight to the point any LEGAL ways to get

• DOOM RPG (Original) (Not found)
  • Wolfenstein RPG (Not found)

Well legally you can get the iOS apps for a few bucks on the Appstore.
But the original Java games themselves, probably not. Take a look at this thread if you want to play it on your Android device: https://www.doomworld.com/vb/post/1652524

The Wolfenstein RPG is no longer available on the appstore, just the Doom II RPG. The only way I managed to find Wolfenstein RPG was through the other method, which requires a jailbreak.

kmxexii said:

if perdgate is legal then hell2pay might as well be too, they're both hosted on the same site anyway :V

I beg your pardon, but can you post a link to Hell to Pay? Clicking the image on the site does nothing.

Ah, Doomworld, Doomworld...

Anonymous3000 on September 2, 2011 at 2:08 pm said:

Sorry, but it looks like this link isn’t legal at all, and you should delete it. Perdition’s Gate isn’t freeware: I posted this link for downloading PG full on Doomworld Forums and I got banned ’cause of that. A forum mod told me this:

“This wad is not freeware, and you can’t link to it. Believe me, if it was actually rereleased as freeware by the *publishers* (note: publishers, and not an unrelated third party or in a piece of wishful thinking by one of its creators), there would be a news story at Doomworld about it.”

So, actually, your link for downloading Perdition’s Gate is considered warez.

Maes said:

Ah, Doomworld, Doomworld...

Does this next post apply, at all?:

Tom said:

Damn, sorry you got banned. But I won’t be taking that link down.

The company that originally published Perdition’s gate is LONG gone. The companies that bought up all the rights to the stuff have zero interest in this kind of product anymore and won’t sell or support it. At this point, it falls under Abandonware.

Feel free to mirror my statements to Doomworld admins. It’s not wishful thinking, I know what I’m talking about

That still wouldn't make it legal. Of course with the rights owner not giving a shit they might just as well be officially hosted somewhere with nothing happening.

I have Hell-2-Pay on a D!Zone disc. I think there's another one on there too. Even with it on a D!Zone disc I'm still not sure its legal.

AFAIK there are some demo versions of both with just 15 maps each, as well as a "fake full" version which actually repeats the first 15 levels.

mrthejoshmon said:

Laura Beyer Doom...

Do your best to avoid it.

Since you told me to avoid it, that immediately made me hunt it down and now I intend to play it. XD

I don't see any Youtube videos of it so I guess I'll just have to endure whatever's waiting for me so that I can be the first.

MetroidJunkie said:

Since you told me to avoid it, that immediately made me hunt it down and now I intend to play it. XD

I don't see any Youtube videos of it so I guess I'll just have to endure whatever's waiting for me so that I can be the first.

The early levels are doom acid trip, the later levels are legit cool for '94 pwads. i think the demo level (e1m9) is still on the archive? it's a doomcute "haunted" mansion with a pool table and some other things.. and a literal popup add for the add-on, lol

you won't know true pain until you load up the BONUS levels included in the package

kmxexii said:

you won't know true pain until you load up the BONUS levels included in the package

Apparently, in this "modern" version, the bonus levels are E2M1, E3M1, and E4M1. On the bright side, any pain I encounter will no doubt be amusing to anyone who watches. :P

I, for one, would welcome people stealing Laura Beyer's Doom from my warehouse. That's better than paying some hobo to take out the trash.

enderandrew said:

Are there other rare commercial Doom expansions or Doom-engine games?

Commercial DOOM.WAD v1.0 Extra-Hard ;-)

As for the mobile Java version of the Doom RPG, if you live in a country where Java mobile games have still a market I guess you could still buy it for a nominal fee like you would back in the day. Then again, don't ask me how legal those services that subscribe you to weekly SMS/MMS fees for downloading games are. And how you verify that you're really beyond reproach for buying your copy that way. I always assumed that those services were run by a bunch of warez d00dz trying to make a quick buck anyway.

I guess that Laura Beyer's Doom being mentioned here is an appropriate occasion to tell that there was also this besides the main demo.
And I wanted to bring up this being bundled with two textfiles hyping a commercial mod "Major Sam". I don't know what happened to it: either it was finished, but the author's freeware maps were so bad that nobody bought it, or negative response on his maps discouraged him from finishing, or he just got lazy.
Also Boom v2.3 and Darkwad were seemingly meant to be sold, but I guess they ended up like "Major Sam".

kmxexii said:

The early levels are doom acid trip, the later levels are legit cool for '94 pwads. i think the demo level (e1m9) is still on the archive? it's a doomcute "haunted" mansion with a pool table and some other things.. and a literal popup add for the add-on, lol

It's okay so far but nowhere near worth $20. Maybe it's because I wasn't exactly in the custom WAD scene in 1994 but it seems unremarkable for the most part except its uncanny ability to get me lost.