Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JavaGuy

Red Faction

If you haven't gotten this game yet, you should.

It doesn't seem like anything new at first. Oh no, the graphics aren't anything special, and the game play is very Half-Life-ish. The range of enemies doesn't vary, and the vehicles should have been left out to spare the pain. The story line is like a bad sci-fi movie (also like Half-Life.) So what makes this game so fun?
Blowing shit up.

In this game, you can blow a hole into pretty much anything you want. Need to get to the next room? Use an explosive or two and make your own entrance. Guards at their posts are no problem because the posts collapse easily with a small rocket. If you're feeling spunky you can dig a tunnel into the wall as deep as you want (until the game wont let you load anymore faces for the tunnel, but that doesn't happen for long enough to not notice it). If your enemy hides in his fortress, blow the whole damned thing up.
Extras: There are parts in the game where you're supposed to lose your weapons and sneak around, but if you think you've got enough ammo, screw that and go in guns-ablazing.
Oh yeah... the machine guns are a kick with the rumble-type controllers.

JavaGuy said:

If you haven't gotten this game yet, you should.

It doesn't seem like anything new at first. Oh no, the graphics aren't anything special, and the game play is very Half-Life-ish. The range of enemies doesn't vary, and the vehicles should have been left out to spare the pain. The story line is like a bad sci-fi movie (also like Half-Life.) So what makes this game so fun?
Blowing shit up.

In this game, you can blow a hole into pretty much anything you want. Need to get to the next room? Use an explosive or two and make your own entrance. Guards at their posts are no problem because the posts collapse easily with a small rocket. If you're feeling spunky you can dig a tunnel into the wall as deep as you want (until the game wont let you load anymore faces for the tunnel, but that doesn't happen for long enough to not notice it). If your enemy hides in his fortress, blow the whole damned thing up.
Extras: There are parts in the game where you're supposed to lose your weapons and sneak around, but if you think you've got enough ammo, screw that and go in guns-ablazing.
Oh yeah... the machine guns are a kick with the rumble-type controllers.

Everyone and their grandma's know about it. IT"S OLD.
it first came out on the ps2 and it whopped ass.

Well, that ofcourse, is your opinion.
My opinion however, is that the game sucked big time. I was hoping for a Total Recall kind of atmosphere but instead I got nothing at all IMHO. The game had a nice engine for it's time, but it seemed like an empty shell. A nice engine, but no gameplay..

Ah well. I may not be the biggest gamer in DoomWorld, but I'da thought I would have heard about the game. The first time I saw it was when I bought it. And yes, that was in fact -my- oppinion. Still, I want to see more games where you can blow everything up. I sorta wish games were more like realistic in that sense. I mean, Halo was an awesome game with good everything, but after playing Red Faction, I just had the urge to destroy everything, and was dissapointed when I could do it.

The ending of Red Faction is the worst game ending I have ever seen. It sucks.

ZarcyB said:

The ending of Red Faction is the worst game ending I have ever seen. It sucks.

That is why Red Faction is gay...

the_Danarchist:
Nothing compares to Civilization 3!

Oh my god...
/me shakes head and walks away