Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
antares031

Nodes Viewer plugin crashes on DB2

So I was trying to use Nodes Viewer plugin, the one from official Doom Builder 2 homepage, to catch some slime trails of my level. It didn't have any problems until today, and now the DB2 crashes whenever I try Nodes Viewer for this level. The error message from above says : "Index was out of bounds of the array"

This problem also happened some of my levels before. And I believe that Nodes Viewer fails to create the node preview when the amount of linedef, or sidedef or vertex, exceeds the particular value. If so, is there any alternative ways to use Nodes Viewer without this problem? Thanks.

I might be wrong, but I'd make sure to always rebuild nodes right before using the plugin. Otherwise it might end up working with node data that don't exactly match the current version of the map, which I can imagine to be causing problems.

Nodes Viewer, which ships with GZDB, has some bugfixes. If it also crashes, I'll need to see your map.

MaxED said:

Nodes Viewer, which ships with GZDB, has some bugfixes. If it also crashes, I'll need to see your map.

This problem also happens whenever I try Nodes Viewer with complex levels with more than around 30k sidedefs, like the picture below. The level is MAP20 of Sunlust, so I guess you can try that level since my level is still work in progress:

Also, I forgot to mention that if the level goes way much complex, like more than 60k sidedefs, DB2 crashes with slightly different issue with problem event name CLR20r3. I wonder these problems happen to other level designers:

antares031 said:

The level is MAP20 of Sunlust

Looks like this map has SEGS overflows. At least one subsector references seg at index -32767.
All I can do here is display a warning and cancel the mode instead of triggering an exception.

I had a similar issue with Foursite and that too was a very large map. Th Nodes Viewer would always just instantly crash on being loaded. I wonder if it was caused by the same problem?