Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Memfis

Any editors where you can rotate the view?

Are there any editors where you can rotate the 2D view (so, like, north becomes south or whatever)? I feel like sometimes it would be more comfortable if you could look at certain areas from a different angle. Is it a difficult feature to implement?

Just rotate the map?

Using 90 or 180 degrees should mean that when you rotate it back, vertices are still where they should be (no quantization effects).

In GZDB sectors mode, enable Synchronized Things Editing and highlight the map.
Press E.
Either use the grab points to rotate the map in 15° increments or open the Edit Selection sidebar to rotate in 1° increments

{edit}
Unless you use an older GZDB or DB2, in which case you have to select everything in Sectors Mode and then everything in Things Mode first and then E, etc. as above.

I've wondered the same thing actually. When creating something that's (for example) four-way symmetrical, it'd be great to rotate the view instead of having to mentally imagine each section at a different angle.

However, I've never heard of one, because as demonstrated above, many people don't really see the need.

Operating systems usually have a feature to rotate view of the entire screen. Alternatively, rotate your monitor physically. ;)