Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

Christmas damage report

Job said:

Funny how things change depending on location. For some reason, folks love the TD here, maybe due to rarity. I assume regarding the 250, you're referring to the optional Chrysler 4 cylinder gasser? Not much to complain about with them. About as durable the 4.0, but most real fuel economy advantage.

The issues with the 2.5 TD, people had here, were with the cooling system. Those engine even when new they were running hot. It was related purely to engine, since the Dodge Dakota with the same engine had the same issues.

I was referring to the Chevrolet 250, in this part of the world it was made in Brazil till 2001 with some nice upgrades like multiple fuel injection, redesigned heads. 170 HP and 311 NM, less HP than the 4.0 but more torque.
The best part it was almost a drop in swap for the 2.5 TD

Just to give you an idea about how much people dislike the 2.5 TD. Used Cherokees with the 2.5 cost like 20% less than the ones with the 4.0

I got:

- A couple nice logo-less black shirts
- A new ring [picture]
- A pair of ADIDAS Superstars (White with blue stripes)
- A pair of boots
- Two pairs of fingerless gloves (purple & black checkerboard and purple bones)
- Numerous video games

congrats MrDead1313! I got a $50 walmart gift card, then bought some lootboxes on overwatch for myself.

I celebrated. Got nothing really. I used to go nuts for Christmas and buy everyone far too much, but a few years ago I learned don't bother. So now I'm balanced out with what I give. It makes me feel bad to not give, but it makes me feel far better when I don't receive anything.

Ermm

I got a new PC (1050ti, intel icore 5 something)
144hz monitor, overwatch. Oh and I should hopefully be getting RE7, oh and some whiskey! Oh and a death stranding poster.

I won't know for sure until later tonight or early tomorrow. I haven't asked Mom, but we're holding off on the presents until my oldest brother and his wife get here.

Got a really fancy Wacom tablet that will have a dramatic impact on my visual work. That's probably the most significant. Also got "Belladonna of Sadness" on Blu-Ray (a psychedelic and sexually violent anime from the early 70s, a very important and unbelievable work of moving art), a bunch of random food and a couple of gi-fucking-gantic Doom '16 posters. Oh yeah, and an electric nose/beard groomer, looking forward to testing that out.

I got a new pre-amp for my record player, Slipknot [Explicit] on vinyl (shut up, I love that album, one of the last real mainstream metal albums released, I never cared for the albums they released after that, but self-titled is damn good) and a Leatherman multi-tool.

I was more happy watching my older brother open up the marble hand-crafted chess set I got for him. He looked like a little kid at Christmas as he was opening it. It was fun watching him, a grown man saying "What the hell is this? It's heavy. 20 pounds?... what the hell is this? Is this a Chess set?" and his wife was giggling the whole time because she knew what it was. That was my Christmas gift to myself, watching my brother open his unknown present, and giving his wife the gift of giggles while watching him open it; it warmed my heart.

According to him I won Christmas this year. I prefer giving gifts and seeing the joy they can create; especially when it's a gift the person didn't ask for, and wasn't expecting.

John 3:16 = "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Xbox One, that whosoever believeth in My Little Pony Dolls should not go without discounted Steam games, but have eternal new pairs of socks. For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten VR headset that attaches to your phone, that whoever believes in the War on Christmas should not perish, but have eternal rectal fissures."

Jello said:

I got a new pre-amp for my record player, Slipknot [Explicit] on vinyl (shut up, I love that album, one of the last real mainstream metal albums released, I never cared for the albums they released after that, but self-titled is damn good)...

They ain't bad. Their demo before their record label debut is Mr. Bungle-esque.

Job said:

Yeah, I like coffee.

that makes two of us. I ended up grabbing a lido3 (hand grinder) for the office.

I bought myself a PS4 earlier in the month but it was paid for with the one-time death payout from my dad, so I consider it his last real Christmas gift.

The Last Guardian was a birthday gift (on the 22nd) and Final Fantasy 15 was Christmas. I also got myself Until Dawn and Bloodborne.

Got some silverware from mom, also new clothes. Pizza gift cards. Amazon card, Steam card (bought Dark Souls 2 upgrade and Dishonored 2 with it.) Friends got me a few random games off my Steam wishlist.

The PS4 has been a joy but the silverware was the best surprise -- my old utensils are cheap porcelain shit.

Mostly money. I bought Civ5 and The Talos Principle. The one gift of note I did recieve was a MAGA hat, of which I am wearing now. It's for ironic purposes only.

Amazon gift card
some aftershave
The wife and I tend to spend Christmas on the kids these days.
which its what its for really.

Though I did treat myself to a copy of Masters of Doom.

Grabbed myself 7 games on Steam during the sale, total worth about €13 (calculated from discounted prices), those games being the following:

Airscape: The Fall of Gravity
Castle in the Darkness
Deus Ex + Invisible War
Momento Temporis: Light from the Deep
Oxenfree
Redemption: Saints and Sinners

Aside from those, I only got a box of chocolate from my grandma.

HavoX said:

I won't know for sure until later tonight or early tomorrow. I haven't asked Mom, but we're holding off on the presents until my oldest brother and his wife get here.

UPDATE
Now that I have opened all of my gifts, here is the damage report.

• Pokémon Moon (I'm back, baby! I'm officially out of retirement, and I'm just as smarter, wittier, and better as ever!)
  • Super Mario Maker 3DS
  • An old-school Sonic the Hedgehog t-shirt
  • ...well, I already mentioned that one, but there was a thread about it...
  • $40 in Steam cards
  • Two new Garfield books (Garfield Chickens Out and Garfield Listens to His Gut)
  • A Serta Smart Layers Jennings office chair
  • A Brainwavz Hengja headphone hanger
  • A mini cordless vacuum for my keyboard
  • Two new pairs of sweatpants
  • New underwear, new socks, and new undershirts... all in one package.

• Music for Cats (Music CD).
  • Gods of Egypt (Movie DVD).
  • Amazon gift card.
  • HMV gift card.
  • Cat Bingo board Game.
  • ‘How it works’ The Cat (Ladybird book).
  • Two jumpers/sweaters (one black and the other is navy blue).
  • T-shirt (with a cat face print).
  • A set of 4 socks (with a Sonic the Hedgehog design).
  • Magna puzzle of a Leopard or Jaguar (a type of magnetic jigsaw puzzle).
  • Moonlight night light.
  • Lindor milk chocolate balls.
  • Baileys milk chocolate truffles.
And as the center-piece, Doom the Board Game with Expansion set.

Update: got another Amazon card and some candy. Forgot to mention I got $300 for my birthday.

Final Fantasy 15 + Season Pass
Titanfall 2 (shared with my brother)
Dualshock 4 charging station
Warframe stuff (Solstice Pack, Archwing slot and a Greater Vazarin Focus Lens)
Some ninja blender thing that will gather dust in the kitchen
Clothes.

Some throwback Atari console with Yar's Revenge on it
A record player
Some clothes
Star Wars wall art
And some Star Wars toys for my collection
A giftcard for a music store too

Mr. Freeze said:

$200 Kohls giftcard

I have sooo much money in Kohls gift cards, it makes my hands sweat. They probably sit around in meetings at Kohls corporate planning for when I'll spend down that account and how the stock price will fare.

Got some money and small cute stuff this year, including a framed picture of my little nephew.

A miniature drumset for my desk
A potato clock
$15 Taco Bell gift card
Steam controller
New harddrive
Lotto scratch-offs (won $30!)
$50 USD

Didn't expect to actually get anything, clutch distant family came in for the win.