Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Gamer With Dignity

This Chanukkah Season, Give The Gift Of No Hitscans. It's Bullet's With Dignity!

>>>>DOWNLOAD BULLET'S WITH DIGNITY HERE<<<<

What is Bullet's With Dignity?

Bullet's With Dignity is a cooperative effort between myself and LedIris, creator of Led's Generic Weapon Mod. The goal is to replace the hitscan weapons and enemies in Doom with projectile bullets that can be dodged for greater interactivity and fun.

How is this different from most tracer bullet modifications?

Most tracer bullet mods for Doom are purely cosmetic, meaning that the hitscan bullet travels faster than the actual tracer "bullet". Bullet's With Dignity uses only projectiles, so one bullet = one projectile. Also, these bullets are voxel-based, not sprite-based. There's no weird choppy rotation, nor will they look like peas in a pod up close.

What if the bullets move too fast for me?

There's options to change the speed of the player bullets and enemy bullets independently to suit your play style. You can even turn off projectile bullets altogether and just play it as you would Led's Generic Weapon Mod.

Which source ports will this run on?

I've only tested this mod in zdoom, but I have no idea why it wouldn't work in qzdoom or gzdoom. I've heard that gzdoom doesn't have stellar voxel support though, and this mod is very voxel-heavy. I recommend running this on the latest version of zdoom.

Why doesn't mod this have auto z-aiming?

This is the next feature that I will be adding so be patient :)

Why are you using Led's Generic Weapon Mod? Why not use vanilla Doom?

I made this choice simply because I prefer Led's Generic to vanilla Doom. It's lightweight and preserves the original style and balance of Doom very well in my opinion. I will be adding vanilla Doom support right after auto aiming.

Does this mod have support for Brutal Doom?

Not yet, but I am planning to add Project Brutality support right after Vanilla.

>>>>DOWNLOAD BULLET'S WITH DIGNITY HERE<<<<

How well does the infighting with hitscan enemies work? I remember BD's was meh because they needed some distance before they can fight each other.

Glaice said:

How well does the infighting with hitscan enemies work? I remember BD's was meh because they needed some distance before they can fight each other.

Infighting works alright between species, but oddly enough if two enemies are of the same type their bullets won't even damage one another. It's something I'll look into fixing soon.