Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrazyDoomguy

1 level psycho WAD

Erm, how is anybody supposed to get there without dying? At least level the field by putting a BFG, some cell ammo and an invulnerability sphere or two seeing the number of Cyberdemons right in front of the player.

Glaice said:

Erm, how is anybody supposed to get there without dying? At least level the field by putting a BFG, some cell ammo and an invulnerability sphere or two seeing the number of Cyberdemons right in front of the player.

Ok. Did try easiest difficulty? Here I have reduced cybers and other monsters

do you mind giving us a demo of you beating it on UV? thanks friend.

On 26.12.2016 at 7:50 PM, CrazyDoomguy said:

I tested only theoretical (Switchers, etc) but didnt test passable. After playing you can recomendate me, what should I do. Hope you would like it.

2 hours ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

Is not joke :) Its challenge WAD

If it isn't passable it's not a challenge.

I like the idea of this map, but it's poorly executed. The teleport pads need to be bigger, it's too easy to teleport into the cage and get nuked on accident.

You need to make the cybies spread less. The way you put the teleport pads, there's no way people can develop a reliable strategy, because at some point the next pad is always covered, which makes it virtually unbeatable...

I made it like 3-4 teleport pads or so into the map, and this map examplifies perfectly fine why I think you should stop TASing for a while, and learn to actually play the game properly.

EDIT: Oh, and proper playtesting is ALWAYS done practically, and NON TAS.

1 hour ago, bonnie said:

do you mind giving us a demo of you beating it on UV? thanks friend.

http://doomedsda.us/wad2931.html

and if you want watch video, look on my channel.

Nine Inch Heels: did run on easiest difficulty? On UV-MAX is only with TAS or use many save/load 

^And of course it's TAS. Who would've thought?

Look mate, if your map is simply there for the purpose of brute-forcing it with TAS, say so from the get-go.

yea i didn't ask for a tas.

give us a demo of you beating... really ANY difficulty without TAS pls, thank you friend :)

Here's a shot at the map on HMP difficulty. I made it all the way past the cybies, and then back to the blue key. I'm pretty sure the mapper can't even do this himself. To make sure it's legit, I played it with GZdoom 2.4.

In any case, I'm not going to bother with this anymore. I stand by what I said, the concept is cool, the execution is lackluster at best, and maps that play as poorly as this one does, make me question the mappers' real gameplay expertise. "Real" meaning actual gameplay skills, as in: Not abusing TAS to remedy fuckups, or brute forcing overtuned maps.

psychoHMPattempt.zip

Sorry, but at his point, CrazyDoomguy, I think you can do better than this.

16 minutes ago, Rosh Fragger said:

Provide some cover from the incoming rockets

You don't need cover. It's about "bullet herding". You wanna make the cybies shoot in directions where the next teleport destination isn't. The idea is good. It is something I'd like to see more people do, because it's creative, and it makes me personally want to learn the map and spend some time with it by way of concept.

The problem is that even on HMP or lower, the setup doesn't work consistent enough, because the cybies cover too much ground once you get closer to them.

If the cybies were put on platforms individually, so that the entire setup could be fine-tuned for each difficulty, I'd actually be inclined to at least HMPmax this, since UV is for TAS only. The problem is that this inconsistency simply doesn't respect my time, and that is something I find inexcuseable in this day and age. It's like a worse version of an unnecessary time sink, and time sinks are nothing I'll ever approve of.

The moment you provide cover from the rockets, the entire setup is pointless, and that is something I'm horribly against, personally...

If the cybies get put in place properly and consistently, so they don't mosey all about, and the teleport-kill-lindefs were a bit more forgiving, this would be a pretty fun setup, actually.

EDIT: For the sake of expanding on my stance towards this general idea, here's a screenie from my current WIP:

3CTR.jpg

In the setup above, the player is expected to grab cells by way of platforming, so that once the platform with the cybies is reached, the player has a very fair chance of surving the unleashed cybies, and additional monsters.

There also is no cover there. But at least I'm kind enough to:

A)Allow for people to fall of during platforming by providing a way back up.

B) I allow for shortcuts so players don't need to do everything all over.

C) Once you get closer to the cybies, they're counterbalanced in such a way that they can't all shoot at you at once.

D) on HMP there is no center-line cybie, and on HNTR/ITYTD there is only the center-line cybie.

E) It works consistently with enough practice.

Edited by Nine Inch Heels

On first page I wrotte, that I didnt testet for passable - I had tested only theoretical (nomonsters). This thread opened on december 2016 and long time no reply. This threat going forgett. After long time I had remember my WAD on my Dropbox and made a walk on TAS.

I can pass this WAD on UV, but with a lot save and load. Same principle I did on Veryhard WAD too. You can watch my channel and see skill. Earlier I was more skillful than today.

How to watch GZDoom demos? PRboom cant read this format :/

Edited by CrazyDoomguy

10 minutes ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

After long time I had remember my WAD and made a walk on TAS

TAS =/= skill

10 minutes ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

I can pass this WAD on UV, but with a lot save and load

Save scumming =/= skill either

Skill is when you can do the whole thing at once, no saves, no TAS, no cheats. If your WAD isn't realistically doable without any of those things, it's a design flaw.

Everybody can do anything with enough save/load or TAS. It's only a matter of time.

Show me:

-GZdoom2.4

-you getting as far as I did on HMP in my demo.

-no saves

-no TAS

-no cheats

Then we can talk about skill. Are you up to the challenge?