Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jerk-o

An idea I had for the MAP30 map

Instead of having a generic "Icon of Sin" map, why not make a regular map instead and just use the monster spawn spots to spawn all the monsters on the map?

I semi-agree. We should have an original monster spawner map. Not a normal map, but something worthy of the last map. Interesting and hard very gameplay, but also short. Can/should involve the spawner.

I have always agreed that the current map30 should be dumped, in place for something more unique eg, like what you said jerk-o.

IMO, the last map must include the spawners, to give that oomph in it. Preferably, several monster spawners, rather than one. The map could follow the way Perdition's Gate does it eg. Escape the map, while new monsters keep spawning. Hell, make the player run for his life, such as that mission from Halo CE, where Master Chief has to run for the ship as everything explodes around him. I'm sure barrels can help with that.

In my freedoom story, the last boss wound up being a computer type device holding the monster portal open.

Whoever makes a new MAP30 should team up with a graphic maker to make new boss graphics for something original. We can add them as extra textures to wad without interfering with original doom2 compat.