Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MTF Sergeant

Why infinite ammo for the pistol?

Why did the pistol even get infinite ammo?? I know if it sounds more scientifical, that it contains energy gels which are automatically generated by the pistol. What would've happened if that wasn't the the case? I think we should go for the old-fashioned way where you somehow find a Glock lying just beneath your feet!

Because it could break the gameplays... Let's say you run out ammo, you are left with your fits and your last demon is a caco that's far away....

Because it's so weak and requires you to spam the fire button so much to kill anything with it using the regular fire mode, that you'd run out of ammo in a heartbeat and that would suck.

MetroidJunkie said:

The Classic Doom Template in SnapMap actually gives finite ammo to the pistol.

The DLC Pistol ? It's ugly and OP.

MetroidJunkie said:

Wait, if that's DLC, why is it in the base game? Did id just give out DLC for free?

Paid DLC only applies to premium multiplayer content (new maps, demons and gamemodes). All the updates to Singleplayer and Snapmap are free. That includes the EMG Mark V pistol.

Why would it have finite ammo? It'd either have too low ammo capacity to serve its purpose, or have such high ammo capacity for its purpose that it'd have effectively infinite ammo anyway.

To echo what others have said, it's because of several things:

• There's no melee weapon. You can hit things, but it'd be silly to run around smacking things with an empty gun.
  • The weapon is pretty weak, and requires charging to actually do much damage. Having to worry about ammunition count on top of this would be frustrating.
  • Adding in another ammunition type, or having it use cells, is just unnecessary. Either you'd end up with a bunch of PG ammo, or enemies would be dropping pistol ammo all the time.
  • It's used so rarely anyways that it's trivial to have an ammo counter.

because that would be boring, it's not good enough by it'self to seek out ammo, and it would be a hinderance to share ammo with other weapons. I like the pistol as is personally, good for blinding cacos reliably and melee canceling.

Must admit I hardly touched the pistol at all.
As for it having infinite ammo , that's just pretty much a staple of FPS's