Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raymoohawk

best free torrent client?

any recomendations for a free and relatively safe torrent client? i've been using utorrent for a while now, but i dont know if that is a good option or not

I mean if it's working for you, why change? Don't fix it if it aint broke. I use uTorrent, but I don't use torrents very often. Never had any issues, minus the advertisements in the bottom left.

Didn't uTorrent turn into some ad free for all with a pay wall? I something something happening to it. SOmething with viruses even.

I use qBittoorent. Very easy to use and fairly easy to navigate.

Clonehunter said:

Didn't uTorrent turn into some ad free for all with a pay wall? I something something happening to it. SOmething with viruses even.

I use qBittoorent. Very easy to use and fairly easy to navigate.

They put in random intrusive minute-long ads and presumably a bitcoin miner.

You can disable ads within utorrent. Google can help with that, takes about 2 minutes. I just make a habit of shutting it down when not using it.

AndrewB said:

You can disable ads within utorrent. Google can help with that, takes about 2 minutes. I just make a habit of shutting it down when not using it.

You can also use a better product without the hassle, like qBitTorrent.

raymoohawk said:

any recomendations for a free and relatively safe torrent client? i've been using utorrent for a while now, but i dont know if that is a good option or not

Tixati is a good client, too:

https://tixati.com/

It also comes in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.

thanks for the suggestions, seems like theres plety good ones to choose from. i do find the utorrent ads annoying, so i'll go with qbitorrent for now

Linguica said:

Deluge

This - it's basically uTorrent without the ads, crapware, and general cruftiness. And it's cross-platform!

At least there is options for disabling ads on utorrent with the advanced settings.