Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
termrork

Doom - Diablo 2 MOD - looking for ideas

Hello Doom community.

In the past weeks we became familiar in modifying Diablo 2 to fullfill ourself a old dream, a Doom themed Diablo 2 Mod.
See here our beloved monster in the Diablo 2 universe:

Since this will become a long-term project, we want to hear your ideas and suggestions what we could modify/implement to make this MOD fun and enjoyable to play!

@ 38_ViTa_38: not sure what you are asking. in doom it is ofc not usual to die with 1 shot... in diablo 2 it depends on the monster and how much life you have got
@ fraggle: what do you mean? what happened with DoomRL?

The caco fireball should be enlarged. That it has the same proportions as in the regular game is inconsequential; it looks downright tiny from this particular camera angle.

It would be more fun if monsters had multiple attacks, including new attack patterns; shots fired straight at the player aren't so interesting.

@ DMGUYDZ64: thx, found the trouble doomRL has by your post...
too bad, I liked doomRL :(. In terms of the diablo 2 mod, I think it does not violate against any laws since I do not plan to distribute any sprites, sounds etc. If anybody thinks differently, please let me know.

@ rdwpa: mh.. right now the ball has the same size as in doom (compared to caco). there will be more attacks, but I wonder why you think straight line attacks bother you, it is the same in doom. revenant for example has homing missles etc.

@ DooM_RO: I think you are absolutely right, but I do not like the Doom 64 sprites :(

I believe DoomRL is still going under another name. I think the issue comes down to the possibility of someone that doesn't own Doom using sprites, sounds, etc. from the game. Are you not utilizing sprites from Doom?

For those as confused as I am, DoomRL isn't this

but this

DoomRL seems to be one of those modern rougelike that eschew asccii-art for simple graphics ... of the type zenimax owns. If zenimax is this zealous how come doomworld have survived this long without Linguica selling his house to pay court fees ?

those *are* both doomrl, and the issue isn't the sprites, but the name itself, which contains the word Doom, and the word is unambiguously used as a reference to the game and series Doom. You can't turn round and say "hey its just the word doom", so they can go "excuse me we own the word in that context. don't use it"

@ Sick Bow: utilizing yes, distributing no
@ jmickle66666666: in a way I understand that although I do not like it :(. if this is the case then I will not be allowed to have doom in the name of the mod? Actually in diablo there are also "doom knights" etc., but I guess this does not count since this mod will be doom themed :/.