Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Smallest deathmatch level?

MAP12 of 2dmmaps.wad... which is obviously the joke level.

Among the conventional deathmatch levels, I vote for MAP15 of UniDoom 3. Yes, its overall size exceeds 1000 x 1000 units. But I think it's one of the best DM levels with a tiny area.

map01 of shoot!.wad, obviously. an extremely serious (and taken extremely seriously) map to see who has the best ssg swingshot

Surprisingly, shoot! is only a wee bit smaller than judas23_.

And what, so swingshots are considered real nowadays? Has anyone ever explained that?

Decay said:

map01 of shoot!.wad

For some reason, I always consider that one as a joke DM level.

Memfis said:

Surprisingly, shoot! is only a wee bit smaller than judas23_.

And what, so swingshots are considered real nowadays? Has anyone ever explained that?

yea so the deal is, and it only applies to players, when you swing fast enough, you don't see the pellets/puffs, so by some strange bug they don't spread that's why it's so effective

I wonder if 1024x1024 is actually enough for a DM map ... that's several times larger vertically and makes liberal use of 3D floors and ways for the players to travel vertically.

Might be less ambiguous if made for a mod that actually allows the players to fly. Could also be amusing if you took the concept and flipped it on its side, so you'd have like a 4096x1024x1024 map.

Overload deathmatch has some really tiny junk maps.

Checking back at some scraps I did, I have actually made a 1344x1344 deathmatch map. Granted, it's a gimmick map based around plasma rifle spamming, but yeah.

Arctangent said:

I wonder if 1024x1024 is actually enough for a DM map ... that's several times larger vertically and makes liberal use of 3D floors and ways for the players to travel vertically.

Might be less ambiguous if made for a mod that actually allows the players to fly. Could also be amusing if you took the concept and flipped it on its side, so you'd have like a 4096x1024x1024 map.

What are some of the most vertical maps, deathmatch or otherwise, that anyone has ever played? There was a Japanese themed one in congestion 1024.

invictius said:

What are some of the most vertical maps, deathmatch or otherwise, that anyone has ever played? There was a Japanese themed one in congestion 1024.

As far as I know, the maximum sector height is 32767 units. masterjumps9y (or 11), a rocket jumping mapset for ZDaemon, particularly map09, has sectors that tall. Interestingly enough, touching the ceiling there makes Zdaemon trigger the wrap-around bug and you reappear at the floor level, blasting off upwards with retained momentum. This doesn't seem to work in vanilla.

dew said:

As far as I know, the maximum sector height is 32767 units. masterjumps9y (or 11), a rocket jumping mapset for ZDaemon, particularly map09, has sectors that tall. Interestingly enough, touching the ceiling there makes Zdaemon trigger the wrap-around bug and you reappear at the floor level, blasting off upwards with retained momentum. This doesn't seem to work in vanilla.

Anything that's meant to be played without rocketjumping or other trickery?