Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sharessa

Super Happy Oregon Madness Fun Time

What is your favorite oddball Oregon law?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite oddball Oregon law?

• Mandatory Full Service at Gas Stations
    • No Sales Tax
    • Girls can go topless
    • Other
    • Oregon Blows

Heh...I just got back from Oregon today. They have some crazy laws there...which is your favorite?

I've just been to Seaside last Tuesday and when we got to a Texaco about a mile away from the bridge connecting Washington to Astoria, someone came up to the van to work the gas pump. The guy acted like a goof and talked too much.

RailGunner said:

girls can go topless!?
no sales tax!?
WAHOO!!!!
me wants to goto oregon.

Alright you gigantic kazaa-using shower-wall jizzstain, let's have an exercise in irc commands

COMMAND TO EMOTE: /me

as in, frontslash-m-e

as in: /me should probably be doing the /newstuff

I'm not sure about the topless thing. That may be not around anymore. But the other two are. This one idiot forgot to put our gas cap back on in Bend, so we had to get a new one in The Dalles. Oui.

i wish the topless thing was in nyc. there is some idiot who made a rule for the girls...
"no skin"
dont know what i mean? as in a rule for the girls for not showing too much flesh in school. that blows.

RailGunner said:

i forgot the /

AHAHAHA I HAVE FOREVER IMMORTALIZED YOUR TYPO IN MY QUOTE

RailGunner said:

i wish the topless thing was in nyc. there is some idiot who made a rule for the girls...
"no skin"

Oh god...here we go back to the nineteenth century. Not saying that I'm believing that what he says is true, but America is getting to prudish. I want the sixties back, damnit.

the_Danarchist said:

Oh god...here we go back to the nineteenth century. Not saying that I'm believing that what he says is true, but America is getting to prudish. I want the sixties back, damnit.

i know. life sucks ass these days :(

What do you expect from Tir Tairngire? Freaky little elves and their freaky little laws...

Christopher Lowell is no mere furniture salseman cur, why, he has his own TV show

RailGunner said:

"no skin"
dont know what i mean? as in a rule for the girls for not showing too much flesh in school. that blows.

actually it is legal for a girl to be topless in NYC. they just can't be doing for money or cause a major disturbance doing it. I think it was like five or six years ago that a group of women road the subways topless as a protest for breastfeeding women. and just recently they had a nurse-out in brooklyn where a group of women brestfed unexposed trying to encourage other women it was okay to bare their breasts.

*edit* oh yeah, oregon blows.

in my particular town, a boston suberb, stores are not allowed to sell food after midnight. why is this a bad idea? well for one, stores are missing out on sales the stoned teanagers would provide when they emerge from the woods at arround 12-4 am. also, the cops on the morning shift get cranky because they have to goto the dunkin doughnuts store over in the next town to get coffee and doughnuts. Mothers also get quite upset because when the baby wakes up at 2am and is hungry, they can't go to the cvs down the street to get formula. i hate this law simply because it makes no sense whatsoever. i have yet to hear a town official explain why the law is in place.

i like to think of this law as a brother to the law the have in florida, the one where you can't leave an alligator on leash tied to a fire hydrant, or something of that nature.

Dumb laws in Oregon?
Dumb laws
These are some I found:
Oregon

It is illegal to whisper "dirty" things in your lover's ear during sex.
It is illegal to buy or sell marijuana, but it is legal to smoke it on your own property.
You may not pump your own gas in service stations.
Canned corn is not to be used as bait for fishing.
It's against the law for a wedding ceremony to be performed at a skating rink.
People may not whistle underwater.
Ministers are forbidden from eating garlic or onions before delivering a sermon.
One may not box with a kangaroo.
It is against the law for animals to have sex in the city limits.
No more than two people may share a single drink.

as if we can talk, fods, we still have some of the dumbest laws around in England, going back as early as 11th century.

Apparently if I break the Village clock by hitting a six into it during a cricket match on a Sunday, the whole village gets Monday off work, heh.

Some more stupid laws in Oregon:

Ice cream may not be eaten on Sundays.
Dishes must drip dry.
You must buy a $10 permit to be allowed to install a burglar alarm.
Juggling is strictly prohibited without a license.
It's illegal to walk down a sidewalk and knock a snakes head off with your cane.
You cannot wear roller skates in restrooms.

And now a few idiotic laws from Virginia:

Children are not to go trick-or-treating on Halloween.
It is illegal to tickle women.
Driving while not wearing shoes is prohibited.
Citizens must honk their horn while passing other cars.
There is a state law prohibiting "corrupt practices of bribery by any person other than candidates."
No one may wash a mule on the sidewalk.
A man may face 60 days in jail for patting a woman's derriere.
Spitting on a sea gull is not tolerated.
It is illegal to flip a coin in a restaurant to see who pays for a coffee.
It is legal for a man to beat his wife on the courthouse steps so long as it is before 8:00 pm.
It is also unlawful to drive by the same place within 30 minutes on Atlantic Avenue. (This "cruising law" is about as stupid as they come)
It is illegal for a woman to drive a car up Main Street unless her husband is walking in front of the car waving a red flag. (Waynesboro)

You should have made it a check-box poll so I could have voted for both Options #2 and #3.

RailGunner said:

girls can go topless!?
no sales tax!?
WAHOO!!!!
/me wants to goto oregon.

Well, you can count on THIS showing up in someone's sig in the near future...

Liam the Bard said:

it's funny! it's odd!

No, it's Christopher Lowell!

My God, Christopher Lowell is gayer than a football bat. Have you seen this guy's show on TV? "Oh HI, everyone. It's (put lisp on the s here) time for the Christopher Lowell Show!!"