Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Decay

NeonDM

*sighs* Here we go again...

This is the topic for NeonDM. This is another spiritual sequel to Don't be a Bitch Last Man Standing but also AeonDM because apparently 66 maps are simply not enough. If you have played DBAB and/or Aeon, you will automatically have an idea of what Neon is aiming for in terms of layouts and detail layout. Smooth layouts, high detail, amusing easter eggs, and great game play making use of advanced port features (Zandronum and higher required) are the defining features we are aiming for once again.

"Hey Decay, I'd like to contribute to this project in some way" - say imaginary people that exist only in dreams. If you are interested in working with us, we are always looking for extra hands, particularly in the detail-duty department. Can't make a good DM layout but would like to leave an impression on the multiplayer doom scene? Take up a detailing post. Want to try your hand at making some innovative layout? Go for it. Want to make some custom music? We'd love to hear it. Have some other resources you'd like to see us use? Let us know! We are mostly in this to have fun.

What would we like to see? Innovative layouts! Break the chains of Oldschool deathmatch mapping conventions. Colour! NeonDM's palette is extensively edited to fit your colourful needs! Observe your range. Themes! Again, break away from musty old 1740s themes and bring something exciting to the table. NOTE: If you say you are going to do something, don't suddenly vanish or not answer questions, just say tell us. If you really need to bail, it is what it is, but try not to pretend to commit to something only to not do anything.

Download: next public beta available soon!

Screenshots of Work in Progress Maps:

8vbeQRL.png

xh5zyW8.png

5K2vt34.png

KBj9Hzo.png

MAPPING RULES:
Maps must be in zdoom doom in hexen format or UDMF (we will convert any hexen maps to udmf), as we again intend on making NIGHTMARE skill Eon Weapons compatible. Ultra Violence and below will be Vanilla Weapons only.

The mapping process for this is fairly simple. We draft up a bunch of layouts and place dm starts only, get on Discord and play them in the LMS game mode to check out the flow, advantage points, bugs, etc. After we determine whether or not a map is good, someone details it. We are also always actively soliciting CRITIQUE if you have problems, it's better to mention it during development phase. I know it's trendy and cool to say how shitty maps are when they are released, but if you don't speak up during development, well..........

Further note: if you do map for the project, be ready to make several map adjustments or possibly trashing layouts entirely. No layout is perfect on the first run, don't be disheartened if we make suggestions. We also want people to be around to actually test the maps...

You can talk to any one of the following:
Project Lead: Razgriz
Contributors (so far): Decay, Dranzer, Rustking, Ivandobrovski, CombinebobNT, Argentum, Jason, Dragonfly, Heavenwraith

Tentative Contributors (on the team but haven't contributed YET): Black Metal Chainsaw, Mysterious Haruko

Where to find us:
Discord https://discord.gg/gsVSHGK

Edited by Decay : Update

Hey man, generic comment saying these look really good, will be sure to not leave concise feedback then heavily criticize upon release! Kidding of course, DBAB and Aeon are both great and I'm sure this will be too. I'd leave a more detailed response but uhhh as long as it has guns on/near spawns and isn't a total pain in the ass to navigate you guys have covered about all I know how to critique for DM maps.

Keep up the nice work, will be happy join in any testing sessions if they happen while I'm online.

No dm pack would be complete without a Mario Kart 64 "Block Fort" ripoff. Kudos!

In all seriousness, I look forward to testing these; testing how many rocket suicides it takes to lose the run for 1st. Always fun playing with the group :)

Fonze said:

No dm pack would be complete without a Mario Kart 64 "Block Fort" ripoff. Kudos!

In all seriousness, I look forward to testing these; testing how many rocket suicides it takes to lose the run for 1st. Always fun playing with the group :)

But it's Mega Man Battle Network (cyber world) themed.... Yea, feel free to join up anytime. Most of our play tests will probably be public this time around, but if there's a password you know where to find us.

@bob i asked razgriz before posting dont be too confused

Today there was a public test session and it was pretty successful. Off to a good start?

Combinebobnt said:

uh i thought this was secret-ish im so confused...

Dude, like three people from the MP community will read this. And there's already you, Decay and me.

Playing like 3-4 times a month doesn't qualify me as part of the mp community I guess :'(

I feel like this is a good time to make another appeal to the invisible masses of multiplayer mappers. Today I will prove Hume was right

Hey we are still looking for people who want to do some mp mapping. Tired of the same old layout structures and colours? Well say no more because we want colour and craziness apparently.

Spoiler

Sjh1LqB.png

LbNQOyU.png

fmrO0mu.png

Download beta 4 here: https://www.sendspace.com/file/c6uvju

To run you probably need aeondm

I'll prob drop a map off for this sometime in the next few months after getting a few other things off my HD and my mind.

I'm going to solely do collabs and detailing this time around. Already taken on work for a couple maps.

Bobby why are you bumping the topic then? I won't post anymore undetailed maps for screenshots though, but suffice to say we are still working on the project.

I revised the project parameters, if people were daunted by UDMF format, zdoom doom in hexen is fine as well. Basically, in the end, we will convert the map to UDMF to accommodate different weapons for different settings.

Anyway, we are doing some testing tonight! In about 30-40 minutes we will start playing on zandronum.

I encourage anyone interested in playing or mapping to join us, we will be available on TeamSpeak3 and IRC (details in first post)

<Bobby> dreamers can dream

I, too, dream that people will join this project.

BUMP

Since the NeonDM team has concluded Progressive Duel 2, we are returning our attention here. Much progress has been made, and the first post has been updated with new screenshots and information. If you're too lazy to scroll up, here they are:

Spoiler

oQlx4UJ.png

5K2vt34.png

8vbeQRL.png

Once again I am putting out my call for potential contributors! If you are interested in participating on this project, scroll up to the first post for all the details.

Edited by Decay