• Quake
    • Quake 2
    • Unreal / Unreal Tournament
    • Duke3D / Blood / Shadow Warrior
    • Turok series
    • Goldeneye / Perfect Dark
    • Other PC FPS
    • Other console FPS
    • Quake 3 Arena (nobody\'s gonna vote for this)
    • \"FPS\"? Wasn\'t than an episdode of \"The X-Files\"?

God man if I still had mod powers...

You listed like three Doom megawads as candidates for 'best fps ever', listed wolf3d and rtcw in the same choice (bad), listed quake and quake 2 in the same choice (worse), completely ignored a plethora of good console shooters like the Turoks and Perfect Dark (even worse), completely ignored Unreal and UT (unforgiveable), AND forgot to include an option for 'other'.

Anyway my answer is UT.

the_Danarchist said:

I was going to flame you, but I'm sure someone else will do it for me.

That's alright, I've been flamed before, so do your worst cause I just ignore them anyway...

Liam the Bard said:

God man if I still had mod powers...

You listed like three Doom megawads as candidates for 'best fps ever', listed wolf3d and rtcw in the same choice (bad), listed quake and quake 2 in the same choice (worse), completely ignored a plethora of good console shooters like the Turoks and Perfect Dark (even worse), completely ignored Unreal and UT (unforgiveable), AND forgot to include an option for 'other'.

Anyway my answer is UT.

Sorry, it's just that there isn't enough options to spread them out more and I'll get rid of the Doom megawads... Well, maybe a moderator could do that for me...

You could always just vote for 'other pc game', an option you FORGOT TO MOTHERFUCKING INCLUDE WITH YOUR ORIGINAL POST

Liam the Bard said:

You could always just vote for 'other pc game', an option you FORGOT TO MOTHERFUCKING INCLUDE WITH YOUR ORIGINAL POST

Calm down, mistakes DO happen you know... But still, who the hell would seriously like Turok? I mean seriously, Half-Life is one of the most popular FPS there is, fuck Turok!!!

Hexen would be my favorite. Strange that it isn't one of the choices.

Baron-Of-Hell said:

Calm down, mistakes DO happen you know... But still, who the hell would seriously like Turok? I mean seriously, Half-Life is one of the most popular FPS there is, fuck Turok!!!

Opinions do not work on a 'majority rules' basis, as popular as Half-Life is there's still going to be people who dislike it. Turok isn't my favorite but I had lots of fun playing it, much more than I did with HL...

Blah, you can't really do "Favourite FPS" as a poll, since there are so many choices. You can't cover everything with just a poll.

Ichor said:

Hexen would be my favorite. Strange that it isn't one of the choices.

It's funny that you should mention that because I did put that as an option until it was changed...

Favourite First Person Shooter

Well, of course, Doom is high on the list.

Baron-Of-Hell said:

Turok 1 wasn't that bad a game, though it could've been, should have been, better. Next came Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, which was also a nice game with pretty gfx, though the levels were too big for their own damn good (like with the first Turok), and after that came Turok 3: Shadow of Oblivion. Just like the first two, the levels are TOO FUCKING BIG, requiring hours upon hours of exploration. And of course, in the Turok tradition, the graphics were about as good as you could get on the N64, the weapons kicked ass, and there was some nice atmosphere. Overall, however, I wouldn't give the Turok series more than a 6.5 out of 10.

Doom of course. MOHAA on a LAN is also good. :)

As for console, Perfect Dark would be up there but they just had to throw in disarm...

Doom may not have been the first FPS game, but it definitly popularised it.
Suffice to say it's fucking great.

I like Quake mostly only because of Team Fortress, but I haven't played that in a long time. Occasionally I play the single player mode when I'm bored.