Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hidfan

Doom 3 Textures for Doom

4 minutes ago, DooM_RO said:

It's great! Thanks!

I could have sword Doom 3 already had one.

The thing about Doom3, it might have it in a map somewhere but material script for the texture could make it several different colors if wanted.

4 hours ago, DooM_RO said:

Almost done with this area.

Ch2vfNX.jpg

As posted in the previous thread, Awesome!

DooM_RO and a few others have mentioned that they would like to take part in a community project using the D3 Retro texture pack.

It would be neat to see that happen!

Someone should kick off a new topic about it and see where it goes.

If so? or if you would just like to create something new using the pack?

Click HERE to download the latest version of both hi-res and/or low-res version of the D3 Retro texture pack.

So you don't get redirected, right click and "open in new tab"..

The HI-RES version is 32bit and contains brightmap animations, basically it is fit for Zdoom/Gzdoom based source engines.

It is currently in folder/directory structure and not pk3 yet. ~ 106mb compressed..

The LOW-RES version uses the Doom color palette and is in wad format. ~ 7mb compressed..

Both versions contain almost 2000 textures and are ready to be used.

~ Yet still awaiting some needed sky textures..

For those of you that may need a little help setting up the pack in GZDB? look here for more info.

It explains how to setup the hi-res version, although the wad version is about the same minus a step.

You'll get the idea though.

(Credits) can be found on the page as well! :)

Link updated! 

Enjoy!

Cheers!

Edited by Mr.Rocket

Do you think it would be possible to make an option that lets you switch between the low res and high res versions?

2 hours ago, DooM_RO said:

Do you think it would be possible to make an option that lets you switch between the low res and high res versions?

Well the option is basically to load one or the other in the editor.

Switching from one to the other in some cases will work ok as the texture name will be the same, but not in all cases where a 64x64 texture is a flat only in low-res.

It matters mostly how the map is developed and in which format the editing is taking place, so switching from one resource to the other on a whim probably wouldn't go over so well.

So to answer your question, it's possible but I wouldn't suggest it heh.

To keep things clean, it would be better to only use one or the other.

Right, I basically worked all day on this and I am fucking tired right now.

The map is about 75% complete. I will begin constructing the final areas tomorrow and then polish the existing ones.

The map is meant to have a survival horror aspect, especially during the beginning so don't get too alarmed if you don't think there is enough ammo. Please keep that in mind when giving feedback on balancing.

Oh, and one thing to keep in mind.

PLEASE DISABLE RUNNING! 

The map was made with no running in mind due to the survival horror aspect. I think it works really well but if you guys think it sucks then the final map will be with autorun enabled. How do I disable it in SLADE btw?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FHq7fpkjk312zva2-qYhrViiSvGFGaLN

To run, drag and drop the WAD file and the latest Beta file of the Low Res version into GzDoom.

Oh, and sorry for the big file size but I used one of Aubrey Hodges' new Doom 64 tracks that were created for the 20th anniversary. Will look for a better solution later.

Nice!

Fell free to compile the texture wad with your wad.

Of course make a backup of your wad first if you think something might go wrong.

Will take a look at your map in a couple hours!

Oh btw are there coop starts?

Edited by Mr.Rocket

You can use MAPINFO to disable jumping, crouching, and freelooking, but not running.

I'd have to look into it but you might be able to disable running via .cfg where said .cfg would need to be packaged with the pwad and executed through batch file shortcut. might be affective but probably not the best idea.

I got to thinking that you may also be able to not disable running by script, but slow the player down, never tried it though.

Like water is, but it may be hard coded I haven't looked. eg if you can turbo, you should be able to slow the guy down.

I'v never really done much scripting but there's likely an actor_player0 = speed # somewhere.

Anyway, I like the map so far, just started playing. But I feel like I could use a Doom3 flashlight from the get go.

Edited by Mr.Rocket

13 hours ago, Mr.Rocket said:

I'd have to look into it but you might be able to disable running via .cfg where said .cfg would need to be packaged with the pwad and executed through batch file shortcut. might be affective but probably not the best idea.

I got to thinking that you may also be able to not disable running by script, but slow the player down, never tried it though.

Like water is, but it may be hard coded I haven't looked. eg if you can turbo, you should be able to slow the guy down.

I'v never really done much scripting but there's likely an actor_player0 = speed # somewhere.

Anyway, I like the map so far, just started playing. But I feel like I could use a Doom3 flashlight from the get go.

Did you get the latest version? The link has been updated. If you see a train in the cargo area then you have the correct version. Get it to make sure.

Here is a problem to fix:

All of the cutout textures have those annoying white pixels. You should get rid of those.

I have looked everywhere but I can't see those 64x64 billboards/advertisments anywhere. I would also like the textures for vending machines. I could really use those to inject a bit of life in my base.

Edited by DooM_RO

2 hours ago, DooM_RO said:

I have looked everywhere but I can't see those 64x64 billboards/advertisments anywhere. I would also like the textures for vending machines. I could really use those to inject a bit of life in my base.

Vending machines and toilet cubicles: The go to method of the typical mapper to make his base look "realistic".

Why would there even be random vending machines scattered throughout the base? Even in Doom 3 they are fairly rare.

3 minutes ago, hardcore_gamer said:

Vending machines and toilet cubicles: The go to method of the typical mapper to make his base look "realistic".

Why would there even be random vending machines scattered throughout the base? Even in Doom 3 they are fairly rare.

Because I have a cantina and a train station.

XSODGBRK and XSODRBRK are the vending machines.

They seem to have gotten down sized though, hmm.

Let me update them and the transparent textures the best I can.

Will have an update soon!

5 minutes ago, Mr.Rocket said:

XSODGBRK and XSODRBRK are the vending machines.

They seem to have gotten down sized though, hmm.

Let me update them and the transparent textures the best I can.

Will have an update soon!

Those are not the ones I was referring to. I was referring to the ones in the original Doom 3 cantina.

1 minute ago, hardcore_gamer said:

Does it really matter as long as it looks like a vending machine?

1 minute ago, hardcore_gamer said:

Does it really matter as long as it looks like a vending machine?

I like the colors on the ones I linked.

Those actually are the ones DooM_RO, but it looks like the unbroken part of the texture is missing.

The texture originally worked like the broken lights do in Doom3, where you have the whole texture, "the one we have" and the unbroken section of the texture is layered over it.

In this case however it may have been treated as a static model until shot at, which would explain why we don't have this complete texture.

I'll look in Doom3's pk4s tonight and see if can find it.

Thanks

1 minute ago, Mr.Rocket said:

Those actually are the ones DooM_RO, but it looks like the unbroken part of the texture is missing.

The texture originally worked like the broken lights do in Doom3, where you have the whole texture, "the one we have" and the unbroken section of the texture is layered over it.

In this case however it may have been treated as a static model until shot at, which would explain why we don't have this complete texture.

I'll look in Doom3's pk4s tonight and see if can find it.

Thanks

One more thing. Do you think you could make more color variations that are possible in the Doom engine? It would compensate for the lack of blue. The new red textures work really well. Maybe make light orange versions of others too.

No, I don't plan on making randomly 1600+ textures different colors.

That would be a side project that the map author would do.

1 minute ago, Mr.Rocket said:

No, I don't plan on making randomly 1600+ textures different colors.

That would be a side project that the map author would do.

What about Resurrection of Evil textures?