Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quagsire

Based off of this short gameplay video, how good would you say I am?

Turn off the glory kill highlight and don't be so dependent on them. A lot of people who play this game end up dying, especially on Nightmare, to Hell Knights and other melee AOE based types because they stick as close as they can to enemies while shooting until they get the glory kill prompt.

MrSkeltal said:

Turn off the glory kill highlight

WHAT? Why would you want to disable that? It's useful information to the player, an element of the HUD to aid you in fighting well. Information is power.

Glory kills are a death sentence on higher difficulties and you're better off not doing them and just shooting enemies from afar until they die. The game showers you with ammo and, outside of a handful of situations - 3 of them being boss fights, - you're rarely at risk of running out of anything even in no upgrade runs.

Disabling the GK highlight gives you literally no advantages over having it turned on. Turning it on only makes it easier to spot stunned targets. Do with that information what you want; you don't HAVE to GK a glowing demon.

You're incredibly bad and can't adjust your priorities despite the situation changing, even though it appears to be a low difficulty setting.

ArchvileHunter said:

WHAT? Why would you want to disable that? It's useful information to the player, an element of the HUD to aid you in fighting well. Information is power.

I turned it off because it is distraction and breaks the immersion a bit.

My advice?

Have a CQC weapon/heavy hitting weapon and a long range fast weapon on quick select and variate as necessary, this will allow you to engage the enemy dynamically and give you cover for both enemy types (ranged and mele).

If that's anything but nightmare, you are automatically terribad. EVen if it is, your weapon selection, your movement etc ... terribad. You leave yourself too open, walk in straight lines, glory kill too much when you don't have to (I guess its ok on lower difficulties), you use plasma gun .... plasma gun? wtf? You almost died at one point surrounded by just 4 enemies, what is this the easiest setting?

I have some videos of me destroying the last level's arenas on NM when I'm on a good day, I just cba / don't know how to Youtubise them. Tbh, the game is easy on NM too, without restrictions on upgrades, even though I haven't done UNM yet because of a combination of early levels toughness / environment deaths / being nervous and making the dumbest mistakes. If I've made the 4 coolant room in VEGA level look easy once I got the hang of it, and I did struggle the first time, you can too. This game has a short, quick, not-so-steep learning curve and starting on anything but NM difficulty is a crime imho.

Sorry if I'm being brutally honest, but hey you asked.