Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Baron-Of-Hell

Favourite Strategy Game

What is your favourite strategy game and why?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite strategy game and why?

• Command & Conquer : Tiberian Dawn + Expansion
    • Command & Conquer : Tiberian Sun + Expansion
    • Red Alert + Expansions
    • Red Alert 2 + Expansion
    • Warcraft : Orcs and Humans
    • Warcraft 2 : Tides of Darkness + Expansion
    • Warcraft 3 : Reign of Chaos
    • Starcraft + Expansions
    • Heroes of Might and Magic series
    • Other

Here is my second poll... My current favourite is Command & Conquer : Tiberian Sun because I have had some pretty intense battles on skirmish and I also like it's atmosphere, I don't play the missions very often though...

Ogre Battle (SNES). It may be old, but it's still fun. Besides, I haven't played a single one of those games yet.

Civilization 2/3, and I don't even play them that much

I had the most fun with Command & Conquer and C&C: Red Alert.
Warcraft 2 and Starcraft are a lot of fun too. Warcraft 3 however, is in my opinion, one of the most overrated games EVER. I think it sucks..

I love the Warcraft series, always good in my opinion. I want more hybridized games, like a shooter and a strategy game combined...(Battlezone series)

I really, I mean Really, Really, Really REALLY want a new FPRTS. Battlezone 1/2 are the only games I can think of that do it. I've got high hopes for Breed by Brat Designs/CDV. It's shaping up to be REALLY good. I just hope you can customize vehicle/weapon loadouts though.

Starcraft, more specificaly Brood War. but i am looking forward to starcraft 2. i saw some screens of starcraft 2 units on the intarweb. i think it's using the same technology as Warcraft III, because the units were 3d modelled, with great detail i may add.

Nope, not the case...There are a couple of starcraft units in WC3
hidden in several places...apparently. the models in warcraft are the original high polymodels for starcraft, before they were put into sprite form.

i know in WCIII you can pick up a few marines and a hydralisk in select locations. but anyway, looks like sc2 won't be such a big project if they use the original high poly models.

SW and BW all the way....there is nothing better and never will be...(in the area of strategy)....sadly tho i play BW more than i do doom...

/me ducks expecting many shotguns to fire in my direction

What?! No Age of Empires+Expansions?! Age II is prolly the best of the series, IMHO. And I like the Rise of Rome Expansion Pack.

I like StarCraft + Expansion. The campaign editor is pretty easy to use, but it's not as easy as WarCraft 2's campaign editor. WC2's campaign editor is easy to get the hang of, but I don't think it's as complex as SC's campaign editor. I'd like to see what WC3 is like, but since I have a crappy computer with very little hard drive space and no Ge4 whatever it is graphics card, I can't run the game.

Lizardcommando said:

but I don't think it's as complex as SC's campaign editor. I'd like to see what WC3 is like,

Put it this way...if u thought SC's editor was complex...u'll never figure out War3's....it completely embodies the word complex...there isnt just putting like in SC's, say build ground level, sub-level & high-level, u have to make ground on a x,y,z plane and its really just one giant pain in the ass just like the rest of the game

You forgot the 3 greatest strategy games ever. In order:

Civilization - Doesn't matter which one. The more recent the game, the better it is and the farther back you go, the more memories I have. Civilization 3 is possibly the greatest game ever, and I think I'm going to start playing it again.

Total Annihilation - The 3d engine in this game and the music ruled, not to mention the 3rd party units (though you have to be careful which ones you download), and the kick ass maps that people made.

Dune 2(000) - I'm a big Dune fan, and I remember when my Dad first warezed this game for me. Little did I know it would start a whole genre of similar games. The 2000 remeke was great. They even hired some pretty decent actors for the cut scenes. I would reinstall it, but I'm playing the balancing game with my hard drive ATM.

Other good strategy games: Sim City 3000, Warcraft 2, Starcraft

Little Faith said:

Am I the only one rooting for Heroes of Might and Magic?? Waah.

Even if it's not installed, I have all the mp3s from HoMM3 in my music folder. There's only one game I've played more than the HoMM series, and it's Master of Magic.

As for Real-Time, Starcraft. The last rts I care about.

Mine's prolly one of the first of it's kind : Dune 2, far preluding C&C and others of it's ilk. If i had to pick one from the list it'd be Warcraft II.
Jay's is Dungeon Keeper - kill da chikkens!

Little Faith said:

Am I the only one rooting for Heroes of Might and Magic?? Waah.

No, I may have voted for Command & Conquer : Tiberian Sun but if I had the sence to make this a multiple choice poll then the Heroes of Might and Magic games would be my second choice...

Zaldron said:

Even if it's not installed, I have all the mp3s from HoMM3 in my music folder.

So do I, some of the HoMM3 mp3s are awsem, especially the Evil Theme and the Good Theme...

DooMBoy said:

What?! No Age of Empires+Expansions?! Age II is prolly the best of the series, IMHO. And I like the Rise of Rome Expansion Pack.

Heh. I forgot to mention that. The mission editor is great.

And it sucks cause Dune 2000 runs way too fast on my machine, and C&C/Red Alert don't work because it chucks a spasmimal about the wrong version of Windows. God fucking dammit.