Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

best program for speeding up video footage?

I've got about 3 hours of footage that I'd like to export at about 10x speed. I've searched everywhere for something that doesn't leave a watermark or give you a goddamn trojan. Of the programs I've tried, those were the painful results I got.. Currently reformatting. Ugh.

I have a licensed copy of Camtasia Studio 7 but it doesn't seem to have that option. Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any responses.

I only use Sony Vegas for video-editing, which is now just called Vegas ever since it was purchased by MAGIX. On the time-line, you can simply hold down the control key and left-click and drag the right side of your file to speed it up or down.

I do a lot of video editing with Adobe Premiere. If you're willing to send me your footage I'll edit it for you.

I use Screencst-O-Matic on a more than daily basis. I've been using it especially for speeding up when it comes to time-lapse art videos.

You can always use ffmpeg, which is free, open source, libre, and all that good stuff.

ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -r 120 -filter:v "setpts=0.25*PTS" output.mp4
The "-r 120" is the output framerate, and should be whatever your original framerate is multiplied by the speed up amount (in this case, 30fps * 4). The "setptf-0.25*PTS" bit is also needed. To get this, do 1/[your speed up amount] - here we have 0.25 because we're doing 4x speed, or 1/4.

Audio is more complicated... do you need the audio sped up as well?

source

Gotta double up on Vegas. Amazing, albeit expensive, program. That's what I used for the slow-motion bits in that air canon video, and speeding up is just as easy. It also won't make the sound higher or lower pitched.