Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JagDogger2525

Lift (Island Like)

Each of your links displays nothing but a message "This file can’t be previewed", and the files can't be downloaded either. Make sure the files have public access.

scifista42 said:

Each of your links displays nothing but a message "This file can’t be previewed", and the files can't be downloaded either. Make sure the files have public access.

You should be able to view it since I shared it - I don't know how to make it public other than sharing the link - I created my dropbox about a year and a half ago (2015) and dropbox got rid of the public folder in 2012.

Here's the folder:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5jub99tv8gakn09/AACsYFSRIbdDBbRs5O-5lEd8a?dl=1

Still can't view anything, but at least I've figured out that the files were actually downloadable if I changed the last character in the url from 0 to 1. I recommend you to host images on imgur.com, because it allows both to view and to upload images without even having any account.

So, to your question: You could create a pair of dummy sectors neighboring with each other outside the map, join the floor that's intended to move with one of the dummy sectors, set the other dummy sector's floor height level to match the floor height level of the upper floor, and then use a linedef action like "Floor Raise To Next Higher Floor" (if your map is in Doom format) or "Floor_RaiseToNearest" (if your map is in Hexen format or UDMF) to make the floor raise to the next higher neighboring floor level, which will be the floor level of the dummy sector neighboring with the dummy sector joined with the floor.

Try it now.

I think I get what you're coming from with that. On the outside of the map, 2 sectors at the heights required joined to each respective sector and then it should work.

scifista42 said:

You could create a pair of dummy sectors neighboring with each other outside the map, join the floor that's intended to move with one of the dummy sectors, set the other dummy sector's floor height level to match the floor height level of the upper floor, and then use a linedef action like "Floor Raise To Next Higher Floor" (if your map is in Doom format) to make the floor raise to the next higher neighboring floor level, which will be the floor level of the dummy sector neighboring with the dummy sector joined with the floor.

That is it - Thank you so much