Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrazyDoomguy

Puzzle of Doom.WAD (5 Maps)

I did QuizDoom.WAD. There are 3 maps to pass and there you need solve puzzles and think. The maps are short and I pass it without using save and load.

If I get some interests, I can make more maps. Besides you can recomendate me, what should I do better.

Pic: Map 2

Download PoDoom.WAD

Cute, I guess. :D

Here are some casual maxes for map02 and map03. I didn't persist with map01 for too long. These seemed somewhat unsophisticated compared to, say, Feckyoo, for instance, but I liked map02.

Map01's solution is clever. I like the idea but the execution could be a bit better: there are too many HKs, imo, making it somewhat of a grind. After a while, it's like, "We get it, you have to harvest ammo." About half as many would be enough to convey the idea.

In map02 I like the cyber-tron puzzle, but I'm not quite sure what the point of the AV thing at the start is.

I don't quite understand how map03 is a puzzle map. There's the dodge past the cyber and then, that's it, basically. Rest is a typical shoot-and-kill map.

rdwpa said:

Cute, I guess. :D

Here are some casual maxes for map02 and map03. I didn't persist with map01 for too long. These seemed somewhat unsophisticated compared to, say, Feckyoo, for instance, but I liked map02.

Map01's solution is clever. I like the idea but the execution could be a bit better: there are too many HKs, imo, making it somewhat of a grind. After a while, it's like, "We get it, you have to harvest ammo." About half as many would be enough to convey the idea.

In map02 I like the cyber-tron puzzle, but I'm not quite sure what the point of the AV thing at the start is.

I don't quite understand how map03 is a puzzle map. There's the dodge past the cyber and then, that's it, basically. Rest is a typical shoot-and-kill map.

Map01: A number of Hell knight is for, that players find puzzle (no shortcut). I think, is ok.

Map02: At beginning with AV - didnt know that it can pass without using puzzle :) Ok I need think, that players dont use shortcut.

Map03: At beginning same thing, I need think too.

I will route new map soon.

Fixed level 2 and 3 + add map 4 and 5. A puzzle and a bit shoot-and-kill scene. I wait of your feedback :)

To get WAD, look at first post.

Hi,
I can't figure out how to solve map02 and map03 except trusting on RNGesus. I can think of a way to solve map04 and map05. I think, on map04 I have to distract the three cybers somehow, and on map05 I have to kill Barons with the help of Cyberdemon.

Not bad mappack, but a little bit grindy for me (map01 and map05). I must admit, I am not very good at these kind of maps, I could figure out map01 because of rdwpa's post :D

rodster said:

Hi,
I can't figure out how to solve map02 and map03 except trusting on RNGesus. I can think of a way to solve map04 and map05. I think, on map04 I have to distract the three cybers somehow, and on map05 I have to kill Barons with the help of Cyberdemon.

Not bad mappack, but a little bit grindy for me (map01 and map05). I must admit, I am not very good at these kind of maps, I could figure out map01 because of rdwpa's post :D

Thank for trying my map, but I had fixed level 5 - cyber is not for killing barons. Level 2 and 3 is interesting part :) Level 4 try think, who can distract three cybers :)

I will add this map into idgames.

Excellent, I must say. The very original and unusual idea. I remember there were wads that provided sort of engine-based gameplay (like when you need to strafe-run, archie-jump etc.), this is something similar and cute.