Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marlamir

Hellish pain v1.3 (updated)

Hello everyone.
after three weeks i finaly finished my first wad ever and i´m happy i finished this.
Wad include 3 new maps for doom 2 (map01-map03). wad reguires zandronum or Gzdoom ports to play. i hope you going to like these maps and enjoy them. I´m still big newbie so some feedback about what to improve in my skill will be appreciated.

i almost forget
Credits:
MUSIC COMPOSED BY: Derek & Brandon Fiechter (Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjMZjGhrFq_4llVS_x2XJ_w )
yes i have permission to use the music

TEXTURES: ID softvare
Realm667

Changes v1.3:
1. fix wrong and missing textures
2. fix fatal linedef errors

Screenshots

pic host

imgurl

image upload no registration

photo sharing

Download wad:
Click here to download

damn, this is your first map? it's better then anything i could ever do!

nevertheless, it looks decent. the opening area was a bit empty tho.
gameplay wise...you REALLY need to put some more ammo in. seriously.

other then that, it's really good, especially for a first map! :D

ohh thank you sir! glad you like it. and yes my first wad, never had experience before.
now i´m going to put more ammo and updated the link.
thanks for feedback

LINK IS UPDATED!
changelog: more ammo :)

Reserving this for feedback.

I'll post it tomorrow because I need to get somewhere (like sleep!) but I have a video I'll be posting and feedback in the thread. Thanks for posting this and talk to you tomorrow!

EDIT:

Welcome to tomorrow.

Here's the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZAEbhBpfa0

I'm busy with work stuff right now, but I think I said everything I wanted to in the video. Thanks for posting this, it was fun to play through and I hope my critiques will be helpful!

Interesting use of an Oblige generated sky in the third and fourth shot :) I've used one for a DM map I made and am going to use the same sky for my upcoming map.

Really cool. I might do a video review later.

As a quick review: I didn't expect this to be a re-imagination of E1M1/M2 (far as I got for now). That was really cool.

Learn to use the Gradient Floor Height tool in DB2, your stairs are whacky.

The GZDoom effects and stuff are cool, but maybe tone it down a bit in some areas.

The mandatory secret in MAP01 (the underwater part) was just goofy and should go.

The music is amazing.

Texture alignments man

T_Silverwolf said:

Reserving this for feedback.

I'll post it tomorrow because I need to get somewhere (like sleep!) but I have a video I'll be posting and feedback in the thread. Thanks for posting this and talk to you tomorrow!

you welcome, i´m glad you like it

Let me know Glaice after you finished the wad, i want see this sky in more maap too.
and thank you sick bow for great feedback, i didn´t know about Gradient Floor Height tool in DB2.hope you like it and don´t forget to visit youtube channel of music composer they have more awesome stuff.
thanks for playing

Oh, the Pinky Demon trap by the first key can be fallen into (the caged key that you activate with the computer on the desk in MAP01), resulting in getting stuck in a HOM area with a Demon. No fun :(

Thanks for all feedback guys, new version 1.2(1.3) is out so don´t forget to download new version. see changes in main post!

wow thank you for awesome feedback, much helpful and useful feedback,and i keep all what you said in mind. glad you enjoy this. and yes jumping is alowed.
awesome video.
Thanks for playing!

I'll see what I can do and I will play the mapset and post the first video when it's done.

It's also on a long list of stuff I want to do in 2017 but I will get to it.

Glaice said:

I'll see what I can do and I will play the mapset and post the first video when it's done.

It's also on a long list of stuff I want to do in 2017 but I will get to it.

Take your time :)

Neat maps. I have become trapped in the second map in the pit below the bridge with the teleporter in the middle. If the teleporter was meant to be a way out I can't even walk under the bridge.

thank you for playing but i don´t have time to update now.but if you walk on the right side of the bridge you can go trough. srry for trouble, improved version of maps will be in my next project.