Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

So I've been working on a couple of Doom projects lately (again) and one of the projects that's been bouncing around between my ears is based on a dream that's woken me up a few times. . . .so the idea is a techbase perverted into a demonic temple that's built into a gargantuan living creature of some sort. I can't get anywhere near what I envisioned in my mind, but I think I can warp this into a good game map, hence this thread.

I've only really been working on a few rooms so far, but I have enough to show that I think it might be okay to show and get critiqued on style and such.

I set a few challenges for myself: No new textures or content, minimal scripting (because for some reason script compiling makes Slade crash on linux mint. ugh T_T). I'll be focusing on learning lighting, too and working with dynamic light things.

Port is GZDOOM

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Corridor to Tech area from central hub. Hub will loop back in on itself.

Warehouse area in techbase

Outside shots:

Screenies, especially the first, look really nice! The second looks a bit bland in comparison to the others, but only because the others all look great. I like the lights and colors you've used here, though general lighting does look a touch uniform throughout. Nice use of slopes :)