Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
andrewj

Eureka 1.21 Released

On dimanche 17 juin 2018 at 8:54 AM, andrewj said:

The Hexen source code disagrees with you, please see the P_PlayerInSpecialSector() function in the file p_spec.c

9 is the correct sector type of secrets.

Using 1024 for secret is supported in ZDoom, which is probably the source of the confusion here.

1024 is ZDoom's transposition to Hexen format of Boom's secret "flag". It's type 128 in Doom format maps; since Doom's highest sector type is 17, Boom was free to use sector types 32, 64, 128, 256 and 512 for type flags, but Hexen's vanilla sector types go as high as 224 so ZDoom shifted the Boom flags by three bits so they go from 256 to 4096 instead.

https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Sector

Regarding sector type #9, I see that the original Hexen code did detect it, and increase a "secretcount" variable for the player, but this value is never used anywhere (e.g. never shown on the screen).  So it is essentially useless.  And I checked the IWAD maps and found it is never used.

I will remove it from the Hexen config.

Regarding sector type #1024, I presumed that was a ZDoom-ism (although the original post was talking about vanilla Hexen).  Looks like I need to support those bitflags in Eureka when the port is ZDoom.  Meh.

By the way, has the Heretic wall torch entry been fixed?  The sprite name should be WTRH but in Eureka v1.21 it's typoed to WRTH which is an invalid sprite name and shows up as a question mark.

@andrewj I think the problem with the sector types is that the hexen config isn't being used at all in hexen format, I don't see any difference between the types when used in hexen compared to normal doom format. Now maybe that's because it was designed to be used with *vanilla* hexen and not zdoom hexen, not sure. But it would be nice if the type list actually showed the numbers gzdoom uses since most people these days use it with that port and not vanilla. Though I guess separate vanilla and non vanilla options wouldn't go amiss either.

@ETTiNGRiNDER yes there Heretic wall torch was fixed a while ago.

@invictius sorry, what does not work?

@therektafire Ok I finally got it now, sector types depend mainly on the current map format (DOOM vs HEXEN).  The whole interplay between the game, the port and the map format is already quite complex in Eureka, and this is an additional thing to handle.  So I need to take a good hard look at the current systems, see if there is a better way....

@andrewj

I realize that you have v. 1.23 in testing at the moment, but I came upon an error while saving a map in v. 1.21 today. I didn't mention earlier because I hadn't seen it before.

Assertion (want_pos < total_size + 8) failed In function

PositionForWrite

(/Users/ioan/dezvoltare/cross/eureka-editor/src/w_wad.cc:1141)

@printz I don't know if this is a Mac OS build-specific error.

Also, Andrew, would it be possible to have a hot keys bound to "Jump to Object" as well as to switch between modes while in 3D view (instead of having to go down and click on the little menu at the bottom of the window)?

The hot keys may already exist and, if not, are a minor inconvenience, but the error is a fatal one.

20 hours ago, Pegleg said:

Assertion (want_pos < total_size + 8) failed In function

PositionForWrite

(/Users/ioan/dezvoltare/cross/eureka-editor/src/w_wad.cc:1141)

I will look into that (I have never seen it either).

As for switching modes in 3D view, if I unbind or rebind keys like "t" so they don't have an action in the 3D view, then pressing them works for me (the editor mode is changed).

Similarly pressing "j" in the 3D view does perform the Jump To Object function.

Or is there something additional you think these keys should do when in the 3D view?

18 minutes ago, andrewj said:

I will look into that (I have never seen it either).

The error might have also been "failed ln function" it's somewhat difficult to tell from the font (I or l).

As I said, it may be a Mac build-specific issue, since the /Users/ioan ... directory showed up, which is why I copied @printz, in case it was.

18 minutes ago, andrewj said:

As for switching modes in 3D view, if I unbind or rebind keys like "t" so they don't have an action in the 3D view, then pressing them works for me (the editor mode is changed).

Similarly pressing "j" in the 3D view does perform the Jump To Object function.

Or is there something additional you think these keys should do when in the 3D view?

All I was getting at was switching modes in 3D view (so, for example, pressing "l" while in sector mode changes to linedef mode and pressing "s" while in linedef mode changes to sector mode). As far as I'm aware, there are currently commands to toggle lights, gravity, objects, and textures; if there are already other key bindings for commands, I didn't know about them.

While Jump to Object would be nice in 3D, I was specifically talking about in 2D mode.

Perhaps I'll explore the key binding menu when I get home tonight. This may not be an issue.

9 hours ago, therektafire said:

In 3d view you can toggle lighting and textures, I believe it's t for textures and L for lighting

Yes, as well as g for toggling gravity and o for toggling things (o for objects, I guess). (Those are the defaults, anyway.)

I checked the key binding menu last night, and while I found a number of hotkeys that I did not know existed, I did not find a key or keys that let you switch between modes while in the 3D view (e.g., switching from linedef mode to sector mode to change the floor and ceiling and that back to sector mode to change a wall texture).

If that option is something that is there in the Windows and Linux builds, but not the Mac build, I don't know (although I would be surprised if that were the case).

I guess that the secret is not to use fullscreen mode, else some of the options do not display, as the menu extends downwards

cXjXg08.png

On 7/25/2018 at 3:20 AM, Kappes Buur said:

I guess that the secret is not to use fullscreen mode, else some of the options do not display, as the menu extends downwards

Almost certainly a bug in the FLTK toolkit.

Is there a way to disable the 'magnetic' effect of the cursor in vertex mode? (the editor assuming you want a nearby line to dip down to the vertex you're trying to place a few units away)  I'd like to do this while preserving snap-to-grid, but cannot find an obvious method of doing such.

Edit: Seems I'm using 1.21 at the moment.  If there was a checkbox or something added after that, I'll attempt building right away.

Edited by Reiken