Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MTF Sergeant

Which mod did you use the most?

Smooth Doom (or some variant or another), and I mess around with BD or D4D every once in a while. I usually stay pretty vanilla. Oh, and various music replaces, as much as I love MIDIs, having a good MP3 cover goes a long way.

On a dumber note, if you want a surreal mindfuck, load up Batman Doom, smooth Doom, D4D and Russian overkill at the same time. I haven't laughed so hard in my whole life. The Penguin's helicopter turning into a chain gunner and Bane yelling at me for using the BFG was amazing. The RL shoots men with jetpacks. Still have The Joker's laugh stuck in my head.

I used LedIris Personal Weapon Item Mod the most for Doom, Hexercise for Hexen, nowadays i use Beautiful Doom, Zion, H-Doom(in rare cases only) and that's it.
And my skins and music wad with lots of midis.

I used to use Brutal Doom (2011-2014) but then I built my own mod with some of its assets and without any of the bullshit that unbalances custom levels.

That would be my own Random Deaths & Decoration mod.

Also OP, try harder with your baity statements too, it only makes you look like one of the new wave of Doom players who only got into the classic game because of that mod.

AbhinandAnilDoomguy said:

I play Zion too. But there's a tiny problem with the HUD in the v08 alpha. How can I fix it?

In the options, there's Hud Scale, Horizontal and Vertical settings, adjust them according to the resolution you're playing.

For me, none really. I find gameplay mods tend to break the maps I play. There needs to be more custom maps for custom gameplay mods! But when I do feel like loading up something, it's usually cosmetic. Typically, I would load up the Doom 64 weapons mod by Nevander, Ketchup mod by Sergeant_Mark_IV and HXRTC HUD by Hexereticdoom. And when I feel like just enhancing my weapons, but not too much, I load up Arl's Fluid Weapons mod.

And damn, do I love it when theres a music WAD involved!

AbhinandAnilDoomguy said:

For me, it's Brutal Doom. I consider it the REAL Doom.

Cool. Check out some more: https://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/85552-a-list-of-gameplay-mods-links-included/

Brutal Doom is my number 1 choice of mod, but sadly it isn't balanced for all the high quality cacoaward winning map packs.

For me it's a tie between Doom 4 for Doom, MetaDoom, Doomzone, and Trailblazer w/Colorful Hell when I play Doom.

For Heretic I definitely use Trailblazer and for Hexen I use Psychic because I need more dakka in my fantasy FPS games. :V

I play with Argent weapons mod and Valiant monsters. Increases the challenge a bit while keeping the classic doom gameplay mostly intact.