• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Unregistered account

R_TexNumForName: SW1BRCOM not found

Ayy
I've been testing out textures, but when I try to test run the map with Chocolate Doom, I get the error: "R_TexNumForName: SW1BRCOM not found".

Does anyone have any ideas?

Your custom TEXTURE1 lump should contain not only definitions of your custom textures, but also definitions of all stock textures from the IWAD that your wad is for, because your TEXTURE1 basically overrides the IWAD's TEXTURE1, so the stock textures are lost and must be redefined in order to work. Missing switches and skies are particularly critical, they will trigger an error even if they don't appear in any map in the wad. Other missing textures will only trigger an error if they appear in the map that is being loaded.

Does your Slade/XWE know where doom2.wad is located? This is what often causes similar problems I think.

scifista42 said:

Your custom TEXTURE1 lump should contain not only definitions of your custom textures, but also definitions of all stock textures from the IWAD that your wad is for, because your TEXTURE1 basically overrides the IWAD's TEXTURE1, so the stock textures are lost and must be redefined in order to work. Missing switches and skies are particularly critical, they will trigger an error even if they don't appear in any map in the wad. Other missing textures will only trigger an error if they appear in the map that is being loaded.

I see... is there any fast way to fix/redo this? ("Redo" referring to remaking the WAD from scratch and adding the textures in a way that doesn't meddle with the TEXTURE1 limp)

Memfis said:

Does your Slade/XWE know where doom2.wad is located? This is what often causes similar problems I think.

It seems to... I don't think that's the problem. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

1. Delete all textures and the TEXTURE1 and PNAMES lumps from your wad.
2. Open your IWAD and copy its TEXTURE1 and PNAMES lumps into your wad.
3. Put custom textures to your wad and add them to the TEXTURE1 lump.

Huh... okay. I guess that would increase the filesize? But thanks!

You should not put any graphics from the IWAD into your wad. Just the TEXTURE1 and PNAMES lumps, each of which is only a couple KB big. The stock texture redefinitions are necessary, and there will be nothing else to increase file size.

Thanks guys, I've now created this monstrosity

Inspired by the Hall of Tortured Souls from Excel95~

^ Just an idea: Both the green and the blue colors of your textures are brighter than perfectly pure green and blue colors, therefore it might make sense to recolor your red textures to Doom palette's brighter red range instead of the perfectly pure red, too.

Thanks, I may consider it. The idea is that it's represented in almost the most basic form, so only the plain RGB colours are used - but I feel like the pure blue + green were even more difficult to look at. I may use a brighter red in future.

Why people don't make setups like this more often is beyond me - you could use that screenshot for an album cover or somethin'