Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raymoohawk

yugioh monsters

in terms of design, what yugioh monsters do you think look like beliavable doom monsters?

i think this would be a good older sibling to the lost soul

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/5/53/BlueEyedSilverZombie-V2-JP-C.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/300?cb=20070613025016

i imagine it would have a quater more health than a lost soul and charge somewhat faster. In order to kill it you have to shoot at it from the front (the eye being its weak point, shooting from the sides or back wont have much effect, forcing you to take risk when fighting it, so kinda like a reverse doom 16 pinkie. it might also have a projectyle attack wich it would shoot from the eye, but it would be weaker than the imp fireball. good thing the PEs dont spit out this guys :P

Tainted Wisdom maybe. As a sort of mobile brain that moves via wave-like slime movement, similar to a snail (but much faster). It could attack you with melee tentacles.

Or it could float like a Cacodemon and launch purple colored acid at your face. Oh the possibilities yes, the endless possibilities.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/a/a8/TaintedWisdom-MRD-EN-C-UE.png/revision/latest?cb=20131016170835

Not a fan of YuGiOh since I was but a youngin', however some Google searching out of curiosity has brought up some awesome card art that I think might work. While a lot of card game art is too fantasy-oriented (see:World of Warcraft's artstyle), there's some dark and spooky stuff that I actually enjoy looking at the art more than playing the game. Magic TG has some really nice artwork as well, but I won't derail the thread. Anyways, here's some ideas:

This thing is just begging to be killed and explode with Imps. Bascially a Mancubus and Pain Elemental loved eachother very much... Anyways, I'd picture this bastard reaching into his gut and tossing various demons at you or at least into the battlefield, and having a wicked melee attack if you got too close to this shambling corpse. Killing it would release some Imps or some Demons. Same health as Mancubus just to be simple.

If this guy isn't Incubus from the end of Silent Hill then he's definitely just plain old Baphomet. I always wondered why the bosses and such in Doom weren't characters and creatures from religious versions of Hell, considering all the pentagrams and upside-down crosses we see in the games. Something like this (and don't crucify me here, but similar to the "True Icon of Sin" from BD) would make a cool end-of-episode boss. Just some big sprite across a river of lava tossing fireballs and such with a large health pool. And yes, he'd be throwing up devil horns the entire fight.

Not really my favorite art-style, but doesn't this thing look kind of like a Demon and some sort of Imp/Cherub hybrid? Haha. Just for the laughs. I do wish there was some sort of weird backwards mod that added the good enemies from Doom 3, though, such as the Trites or the two-headed Imp clone and such (name slips my mind right now). Totally off-subject, I know, but this image reminded me of D3 for some reason. Sorry for the long post, there's some good stuff out there. I could have a lot of fun if I knew how to sprite.

Not gonna lie, floating brains would have made awesome lost soul replacements for freedoom, if not for CWolf's cool new sprites.

How about an Ameba that can attach itself to current monsters and temporarily increase their health? Or give them additional powers? Maybe allow them to "learn" new attacks, or just gain stronger attacks with a changed projectile color that matches the Ameba host (blue). Once the enemy dies, both are killed off.

OR the Ameba detaches itself and must be killed separately? Oh the possibilities of demonic infection ;)

I suppose we should be looking in the "fiend" monster type to find some good contenders.

Relinquished would make for a cool monster (not the best example since he is a spellcaster I believe). For those who don't know how he looks, here he is:

I've noticed a slight resemblance between Relinquished and the Nightmare boss from Metroid: Fusion. Just the way it hangs suspended in the air, with the arms and all.

Also, I've always thought that "King of Yamimakai" would make for a suitably cool Doom monster. Something about the lack of eyes and the weird mouth makes me think of Alien, H.R. Giger style. It's also one of the few Yugioh monsters to have an att or def ending in 30:

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/1/13/KingofYamimakai-DB2-EN-C-UE.png/revision/latest?cb=20160601185232

RUSH said:

-snip-

That card reminds me of the Guardian of Hell from Doom 3, and the Hell Guards from Doom 2016.

Pretty much anything from the Archfiend or Dark World archetypes. I used to run a Fiend deck; took 3rd place in a tournament with it once. Also later built a crazy deck around Evil HERO Dark Gaia which used the Dark World cards.

Dunno if they'd fit Doom, but the latest big set of Fiend cards is Burning Abyss, actually based on demons of The Divine Comedy. Interestingly, they're all Level 3, focus on Rank 3 spamming with some options for Fusion, Synchro, and Ritual, blow themselves up if you use them with non-Burning Abyss monsters, and have effects that trigger when they're sent to the Graveyard.

Though in a decision I'll never stop mocking, most of their boss monsters are the fops of The Divine Comedy. Dante even gets two cards dedicated to him. In fact, the only boss monster they have that's a demon is their Ritual Monster, the one they're least suited to summoning and the one that never sees play unless someone's making a deck based around him for fun.

Though, funny thing? One of the Dantes is him travelling Hell, and the other is him travelling Heaven, complete with utterly decked-out priestly garb. Take a guess which of those can only be summoned through outright fusing three different demons of Hell's guard.

Speaking of The Burning Abyss cards, this one in particular would win my nomination to Doom monster status:

i'm not that familiar with the more recent cards, but that farfa guy looks real cool

what do you imagine it would do?

i think the duelist of the roses version of this guy without the flippers would make a cool flying boss monster, like a stronger cacodemon

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/5/5e/GiantRedSeasnake-DOR-EN-VG-NC.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/640?cb=20160303035140

i imagine it launching a big projectyle that can subdivide into weaker projectyles that home in on near targets. that way the player might consider leaving several monsters alive to keep the attacks weaker

RUSH said:

Tainted Wisdom maybe. As a sort of mobile brain that moves via wave-like slime movement, similar to a snail (but much faster). It could attack you with melee tentacles.

Or it could float like a Cacodemon and launch purple colored acid at your face. Oh the possibilities yes, the endless possibilities.

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/yugioh/images/a/a8/TaintedWisdom-MRD-EN-C-UE.png/revision/latest?cb=20131016170835

"Attention Duelists, my Brain is assaulting you!"