Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
D.Scratch

Scharfschutze Suche

Scharfschutze Suche is a experimental wad i did in a Month, The idea came from the Bavarian Alps mission in Call Of Duty.
Here you will find a "heavy" use of:
- Dynamic lighting effects
- 3d floors
- Projectiles for Bullets
- Some Stealth
- And some Platforming

(Since the map uses a lot of Dynamic lights, the outdoor arena may drop your fps if you have a slow computer...)

Scharfschutze Suche is a single map, since i've made it to test these new concepts for me, i could only afford 10 - 15 minutes of gameplay.
But if i get enought feedback i could do a continuation.

You are armed with a Combat Knife, Silenced Pistol, Sniper Rifle and later a Submachine Gun

Short Story:
Doomguy is sent to retrive a Alien Skull from the vault of a invaded UAC base, he must sneak his way inside and find a way to break in to the vault, when he find the skull, he must go back to the starting zone for his extraction.

You can press "Q" (by default) to see your mission brief

The Easy difficulty reduces damage taken by 50%
The Hard difficulty makes you start the level with only a knife, you must find your gear inside the UAC building

ScreenShots:

Spoiler

Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/g1i0x71bupf6aqt/Scharfschutze+Suche+v.2.wad

I'll Soon upload the map to DoomWorld and post its link here!

Some Additional Credits:
Croteam
BouncyTEM
Ravagefox
Supersonix07
Ghastly_dragon
ETTiNGRiNDER
Jimmy
TheMightyHeracross
Captain Awesome
DavidRaven
Captain Toenail
MagicWazard
CodenniumRed
Valve

Thanks for your attention!

Reserving for review (if that's cool to do here).

Sorry man, not sure what's up but I need to get my recording software and game settings correct. I get serious frame drops on this map, and I have a very beefy PC (i7, dual 7970s, 16gb RAM, and all my sourceports installed on an SSD) even if I'm not recording. Once I do I'll upload a playthrough and review. Looks pretty damned sweet so far.

Sick Bow said:

Reserving for review (if that's cool to do here).

Sorry man, not sure what's up but I need to get my recording software and game settings correct. I get serious frame drops on this map, and I have a very beefy PC (i7, dual 7970s, 16gb RAM, and all my sourceports installed on an SSD) even if I'm not recording. Once I do I'll upload a playthrough and review. Looks pretty damned sweet so far.

The Dynamic lights effects is something that "do not belongs" in DooM, i had a realy hard time trying to minimize the fps drops in the outdoor area without screwing all the visibility (got something around 60 to 30 fps in that area)

But if you do manage to record a playthrough i would love to watch it! Dont forget to post a link here! and ty alot bro!

D.Scratch said:

The Dynamic lights effects is something that "do not belongs" in DooM, i had a realy hard time trying to minimize the fps drops in the outdoor area without screwing all the visibility (got something around 60 to 30 fps in that area)

But if you do manage to record a playthrough i would love to watch it! Dont forget to post a link here! and ty alot bro!

Sure thing. I'll do some poking around tomorrow, and only because your WAD looks pretty fucking awesome :), and see what I can't come up with. Good work from what I have seen so far, and a good use of custom assets. I'd like to get into doing regular video reviews, and your WAD seems like an awesome start. Thanks again for doing this by the way.

I played through it, really nice wad, I really liked it. Yes, the outdoor part was a bit heavy and also lagged for me, but it was still awesome. I'd play another map of this kind :D

Sick Bow said:

Sure thing. I'll do some poking around tomorrow, and only because your WAD looks pretty fucking awesome :), and see what I can't come up with. Good work from what I have seen so far, and a good use of custom assets. I'd like to get into doing regular video reviews, and your WAD seems like an awesome start. Thanks again for doing this by the way.

Thanks alot bro! looking forward for your video reviews!

rodster said:

I played through it, really nice wad, I really liked it. Yes, the outdoor part was a bit heavy and also lagged for me, but it was still awesome. I'd play another map of this kind :D

Thanks mate! maybe i'll do a sequel and you'll probably know about it xD

Correct German would be Scharfschützensuche or Scharfschützen-Suche. If the title was supposed to be a translation of Sniper Search.