Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HumanBones

Odamex Friday Night Nitro #199 - 8-bit CTF

We return back right where we left off with #199 and a chaos inducing set of maps known as 8 bit CTF! Some of these maps may be hard to look at but the layouts and gameplay make up for any potential seizures you may have while operating this wad. I'm ready, but are you?!

WAD: 8bitctf1
Mode: CTF
Maps: 9 (map01 - map09)
Players: 8v8
Server: [WDL] doomleague.org
Date: Friday, January 20th, 2017 @ 7:30pm EST

See you there!

Combinebobnt said:

didnt hex vulture say the same thing and then it sucked?

Wouldn't you say that opinions are subjective? I don't show up to events that are running wads I don't like either

HumanBones said:

Wouldn't you say that opinions are subjective? I don't show up to events that are running wads I don't like either

Good point that's why I stopped showing up to Nubhat's nitros because he kept running absolute cancer wads. His ideal was if it's old it has to be good. Most of the time it only met the former and not the latter. That's possibly why nitro died for a while...again...

I have to agree. Nitro was best when we ran solid mapsets that made people want to show up, instead of obscure stuff nobody heard of that was generic.

Brexec or Bust!

Nah but really, I'm a shit tier CTFer but I'll try and make it to this one, been far too long since the last Nitro!

Evolution said:

Also, there's a vox Jad made for ZDS #168: http://aws.lv/wads/8bitvox2a.zip

I don't think ZDaemon VOXes work with Odamex out of the box. I named the sounds differently when I implemented CTF sounds, in a way that made more sense to me.

https://github.com/odamex/odamex/blob/master/wad/lumps/sndinfo.lmp#L348

I imagine it could be made to work with multiple ports if the missing SNDINFO entries were added.