Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StormCatcher.77

Doomworld Mega Project 2017 (Final)

@Sasha Sorry, but my map is only for GZDoom 3.2.0 or higher (dynamic light is need to be on). As same as hub map. I'm not test this maps in ZDoom. As i know, ZDoom wasn't support sector portals.

And i know about empty secret on @Marlamir's map. But he don't sent any updates, and at this moment I better leave this map as it is.

Edited by StormCatcher.77

17 hours ago, StormCatcher.77 said:

@Sasha Sorry, but my map is only for GZDoom 3.2.0 or higher (dynamic light is need to be on). As same as hub map. I'm not test this maps in ZDoom. As i know, ZDoom wasn't support sector portals.

And i know about empty secret on @Marlamir's map. But he don't sent any updates, and at this moment I better leave this map as it is.

I succesfully finish all maps (except only your map) on zdoom 2.8.1. On map 36 use idclip, I think Bonnie will be check  my note.

I will be play your and my maps on gzdoom in few days.

All maps are interesting, I found no bad maps. This project realized succesfully!

9 hours ago, Sasha said:

On map 36 use idclip, I think Bonnie will be check  my note.

I had already uploaded an emergency patch for that bug before you mentioned it, but thank you dearest friend. c:

@mArt1And00m3r11339, thank you for your this latest video, I hope you enjoyed MAP15!  You're playing on a different source port than I tend to (GLBoom+, I think?) so obviously some areas look a little different than when I was building and testing them, light levels don't fade as much so some areas are brighter and some of the areas that are intended to be highlighted as a little brighter than the surrrounding sectors (e.g. the pillar/pedestal with the rocket launcher in the first cavern) don't stand out as much as I'd expected.  It's very interesting for me actually to see how you play through that first cavern, particularly the fact that you grab the green armour and yellow key and get out of that area without firing a shot; there's a wave of spectres waiting to teleport in at the southern end of that area to hinder your escape that you haven't woken up yet, so of course they just appear later and don't seem to serve much of a purpose except to mill about uselessly down in the muck.  In general during the early part of the map I see you sticking to the shotgun a lot more than I anticipated, I'm wondering now if I need to make the rocket launcher more prominent and provide more ammo as a way of encouraging its early use rather than leaving players with the impression that they're expected to grind away at revenants and hell knights with a popgun.  :)

There are a couple of points where I see you going back and forth within a relatively limited area, and I'm not sure if that's just a sign that you're thoroughly checking for secrets and supplies before proceeding any further, or if there are points where the intended progression is genuinely unclear.  In particular I'm thinking of your exploration of the northern part of the map (from when you jump down from the outdoor area into the caverns at 22:53, through to when you jump down the waterfall into the western leg of the map around 28:33) and some of your movements around the collection of the blue key and the activation of the switch beyond the blue door.  Obviously it's too late for me to make significant changes to the map's layout and progression at this stage but if things are insufficiently clear then that's something I can work on in future releases, what are your thoughts here?

@StormCatcher.77, I note that when @mArt1And00m3r11339 was playing through this level in their post above, the music track playing was D_RUNNIN when we'd previously discussed the use of D_THE_DA for this level - is there further action I should take here or is this something you can adjust in a future release?

@TheOrganGrinderAs expected ... I just forgot about this (i even made myself a special note ... but it seems special notes not working :3) It's good that you reminded. I will fix this in the final version. I think, you mean original D_THE_DA from Doom 2?

On 1/28/2018 at 3:27 AM, StormCatcher.77 said:

@Pegleg Cool! After few days i add your and @bonnie maps in final build and upload it on /idgames.

I realized one small issue I overlooked after watching @mArt1And00m3r11339's video again. I added a trigger to the linedef in the key room in case the player decided to straferun out of the window. I updated the file under the download link: Clash at the Mountain Garrison

I wanted to get the change in before you uploaded the final build.

By the way, the hub looks incredible!

Edited by Pegleg

I edited the info file by adding comments to the maps. I ask someone to see if everything is right there. Maybe someone wants to replace / edit their comments. Some maps do not have them at all. Maybe it's time to add?
The final release may be delayed for a couple of days ...

dmp2017info.zip

Text for

Map 30: A Sunlust style map with fitting difficulty. I originally planned to make a whole megawad with this map being map 01, but I changed my mind after seeing how much work it took me to make the detailing. So i decided to release the map in dmp 2017. Watch out for the traps, there are quite a few of them.

Oh ye, and sorry for the starting revenant. At least on UV difficulty. Since its the start of the map, i decided to keep it in.

7 hours ago, StormCatcher.77 said:

I edited the info file by adding comments to the maps. I ask someone to see if everything is right there. Maybe someone wants to replace / edit their comments. Some maps do not have them at all. Maybe it's time to add?
The final release may be delayed for a couple of days ...

dmp2017info.zip

My comment looks good. Maybe have the text under the author's name though? It kind of all blends in currently. i.e.

<map title>: by <author>

<comments>

Just for more readable formatting.

Text for Map 11 (Spiralunky):

Simple concept map channeling a Serious Sam vibe.  I created the outline first and somehow it ended up much bigger than I originally intended, but the overall concept came out mostly as I had envisioned.  The name is a play on "Spiral" (because the map is a spiral) and "Spelunking" (because you're climbing out of a hole).  Also Spelunky is my wife's favorite game, so it's a nod to her too.  One tip: When you see the Red Skullkey at the end, don't be shy about taking a running leap off its platform.  10 points if you can land on the teleporter!

Comment text on my map:

1000 in Less Than 10: by Obake

The title refers to the number of enemies and the time it can be beaten, respectively. The map was made speedily, a few weeks before the deadline. I wanted to push myself in terms of enemy numbers, despite most of them being in inaccessible locations. I feel I succeeded in making a challenging, fun map, despite the gimmick and short development time.

Comment text on my map:

map 45:  Stodulki  by  Sasha: Catch 100 (sto) rockets and use them correctly.

I also update my map (correct lines 8, 157, 163 and 261 in scripts)

dmp2017map45.zip

Comment text for MAP07 Portal Control:

A short tech base level with a simple objective: Open the portal and stop the invasion...at the source!

On 1/20/2018 at 1:27 PM, lirui1001 said:

To be honest there is a way to fix the map so that it can be done both with UV Max and UV Speed.

For example, you can set the exit door to be open once you survive the time limit, but you can stay here and kill the remaining enemies. And you can put a crusher above the 15 AVs or some barrels. Once you kill all enemies teleporting in, the 15 AVs can be killed so that you can get 100% kills and exit this map.

PS: maybe they are impossible for vanilla but it is worth a try if possible.

Actually, looking back at the map for that level, you could make the front of the exit door a walkover line that triggers a set of crushers that would kill the archives and the chain gunners and the Romero head. You may have to lengthen the corridor that leads to the exit teleport to ensure that the crushers have had time to do their work, but that would be a possible way to do do what you said within the confines of vanilla.

Yes, @Scypek2 and @lirui1001, it's a bit late in game for this idea, but this idea just occurred to me.

@StormCatcher.77

Add the following after the text you currently have for my map, with a space in between the backstory and this text.

This map is on the smaller side, with a size on the order of Maps 6, 17, and 26 of the original Doom 2. The level starts from a central location and the player is meant to loop around through the same areas and cover the same ground more than once, along with a few surprises the second time around.

@StormCatcher.77 i planned add to the empty secret some usefull item with monsters ( and more detail), sadly im still without proper pc so if you want to make some changes to the map im giving you my permission

@MarlamirThank you, but, unfortunately, now I really do not have time. I'm busy with a map for the Serious Sam's "Manhunt" contest until February 15th (and I'm very late). Then I'll try to do something for Vinesause Mapping Contest 2. It's not counting other things ...

The final version will be released on the 10th. Until that moment, I expect to adding \ edits of author's comments. I remind everyone that even after the final release, you can send updates for maps.

18 hours ago, StormCatcher.77 said:

I remind everyone that even after the final release, you can send updates for maps.

Speaking of which, I updated my map. I added a few rockets before they yellow key fight, becuase sometimes I found myself running out of ammo if i killed everything else before it.

@StormCatcher.77

Add the following after the text you currently have for my map.

This map is on the smaller side, with a scale on the order of Maps 6, 17, and 26 of the original Doom 2. The map starts from a central location and player is meant to loop around through the same areas and cover the same ground more than once, along with a few surprises the second time around. This level has been tested with Chocolate Doom, PrBoom+, ZDoom, and GZDoom. It runs on all of them. You may experience some HOM due to seg overflow in vanilla and Chocolate Doom, but the level is still playable. There may also be a problem with playing on -complevel 9 (with one particular batch of monsters, but the level can still be finished with 97% of the enemies killed), but -complevel 2 works fine.

Edited by Pegleg : Added scale. Corrected name for PrBoom+.

No description, though.

I think it's fault of new download frontend. Old idgames showing whole text file.

This is my mistake ... There it is also recommended to make an info file by template, and I forgot, and did as I was comfortable ... Maybe this can be fixed manually ...

So. Final version on /idgames (or here):
1. Updated maps 02, 06, 30, 36 and 45.
2. Replaced music on map 15.
3. Added author's comments to maps in the info-file.
4. Fixed technical bugs on the hub-map.
5. When you return to the hub, the player's health is restored to 100.

6. Something else, but i forgot what it was...

This project is getting more and more polished every year...

Kudos for all the efforts and Timely release of the Project StormCatcher.77 ...

Edited by Zahid

Trying to play this but I'm getting:
Script error, "dmp2017.wad:RM_DECOR" line 33:
Invalid state parameter a_changevelocity

I've tried skulltag, gzdoom, glboom+ zandronum etc.
Any ideas please?