Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StormCatcher.77

Doomworld Mega Project 2017 (Final)

^ Nice details, also compspan + compblue + silver stuff is one of my favorite themes in Doom.

I think the computer terminals are nice! I find these kinds of micro-details are often difficult to pull off without them looking ridiculous, so kudos for not making a mess of it. :)

Mr. Trotl
Looks impressive. I really like so scrupulous detailing! I think you develop a strong standalone map for our project. Standart textures - another big "+".

everennui

At the first pass, there is an easy shortage of ammo. This makes the play carefully.. The gameplay is quite simple and atmosphere of Quake is transferred to 100%. We need the appropriate music! :D. 

Doom_Font_Green_Arrow.pngFirst Demo Attempt 4 min, GZDoom 2.2.0

I initially thought that map is for GZDoom...

Thanks for playing it.

Out of curiosity; do you play with just keyboard? 

Also is there a GNU Licensed midi creator that anyone could recommend?

On 2/27/2017 at 11:01 AM, dt_ said:

Here's my entry:

On 2/27/2017 at 11:01 AM, dt_ said:

Author: Dan Trim
Map name: Butcher's Hook

Compatibility: Limit removing
Playtesting: Boom, Zdoom
Allow jumping and\or crouching: Nope, but there are no areas where you can break the map by these means
Skill settings: Yes, COOP implemented also

Build time: 15-18hr or so
Tools used: DB2

Resources: Doom2
Music track: 'waiting for Romero to play'

Bugs: None noted
Comments: Been playing a lot of chillax; I've not pulled any punches with this one

get it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ehhoanbtsskstz8/bhook.wad?dl=1

Surprisingly easy map given the comments. Action is fine but the map is awkward in many places. There are a lot of narrow areas where you're always bumping against walls, and most importantly, the big outdoor fight has those torch pillars, where the torches, despite their visible appearance, are wider (32 units) than the sticks that they are on (16 units), which is very relevant with infinite height on. You can very easily get caught on them while trying to get the BFG/rockets/health and stuff. Favorite fight is the vile trio that precedes this part.

Edited by rdwpa

18 hours ago, MysteriousHaruko said:

Well,I think you can use this,but only with sky transfer in boom and with zdoom based ports define it in MAPINFO lump. Vanilla based maps won't get sky changes. Everything is in first page. 

Alright, I'll see what I can do.

4 hours ago, everennui said:

Out of curiosity; do you play with just keyboard? 

Em... I play with the mouse. :3 Less body movement - higher accuracy. This helps Against hitscanners  (or so it seems to me).

In occasion of MIDI Editors take a look at this.

Looks like it's a little more involved than I had anticipated. I tried one of them. I'm currently on the, "now what" phase. I'll scratch my head on this tomorrow. Thanks. 

Music is quite a good source of motivation for me to start a level and see the potential in a work in progress map. As a risk of losing this momentum, though it isn't much, I'd like to present the starting progress to my official first Doom Builder 2 level.

http://i.imgur.com/uOIunDP.png    (this image is 1366x768, it's kind of a big pic and by lurking around I see that kind of thing isn't really welcome...)

Astymine

This is reminds me of first attempts in DB2... ;]

I usually work only in silence. Nothing can not happen when something is distracting. But in my spare time, I live in headphones. 

17 hours ago, Astymine said:

http://i.imgur.com/uOIunDP.png    (this image is 1366x768, it's kind of a big pic and by lurking around I see that kind of thing isn't really welcome...)

I think the new forums automatically resize images accordingly, so don't worry about posting big images.

Dark Metamorphosis!

hope2god.zip

Author: Jaxoon R

Map name: Hope to God

Compatibility: Vanilla

Playtesting: Chocolate Doom, GZDoom

Allow jumping and\or crouching: no

Skill settings: no

Build time: Three Days

Tools used: GZDoom Builder, Slade3

Resources: A picture of a demon

Music track: the lullaby.spc

Bugs: None that I managed to find

Comments: You just shootkill the demons whatever man next question

Jaxxoon R

This is was short, but nice run in Final Doom atmosphere.

Blue_3_5.png - Visuals (3 / 5)
Blue_3_5.png - Detailing (3 / 5)
Blue_3_5.png - Gameplay (3 / 5)
Blue_3_5.png - Atmosphere (3 / 5)
Orange_2_5.png - Difficulty (2 / 5)

Green_3_5.png - Overall Rating (3 / 5)

Doom_Font_Green_Arrow.png First Demo Attempt 5 min, PrBoom 2.5.1.3

Edited by StormCatcher.77

EDIT: 20/3/2017

Done! Got some urge to map, so yea. Finished this one.

Author: Soldier993

Map name: Isolation

Compatibility: Boom

Playtesting: PRBoom, GZDoom

Skill settings: yes

Coop: no

Build time: 3 weeks

Resources: doom2.wad

Music track: Crateria Underground - Super Metroid

Bugs: None

Comments: Can be tough at some points on UV but definitely possible, pistol-start wise.

Iso.zip

Edited by Soldier993 : Updated my map.

MAUS HAUS

GZdoom / Map 01 - Not finished yet, but pretty soon.  My 4 year old sat in my lap and instructed me as to what to add. I guess that makes him some sort of creative director or something. Play at your own risk.

nGMpB1W.png

1CXeRB2.png

41 minutes ago, Ed said:

MAUS HAUS

GZdoom / Map 01 - Not finished yet, but pretty soon.  My 4 year old sat in my lap and instructed me as to what to add. I guess that makes him some sort of creative director or something. Play at your own risk.

nGMpB1W.png

1CXeRB2.png

Oh God! There are spiders in the kitchen! 

But seriously, looks really good. Reminds me of CS 1.6 Rats map. 

I have quick question - if map has custom COLORMAP,it will be accepted or not?I just don't want screw other people maps. 

EDIT

For being more clear - I use cc4 textures,COLORMAP was included inside with files. 

Edited by MysteriousHaruko : Added more context

12 hours ago, Soldier993 said:

Coop: Yes but not tested.

Comments: Can be tough at some points on UV but definitely possible, pistol-start wise.

Iso.zip

This is Boom-compatible -- it uses quite a few Boom generalized actions. For vanilla in PrBoom you should test with -complevel 2. Boom is -complevel 9, and the default if unspecified is complevel -1 which shouldn't really be used. 

Soldier993
Very good work. The atmosphere is strong, thanks to perfectly matched music and a expressive play of light and shadow. I really liked how archviles was used! I'll take this as a note. There is a perceptible skew of difficulty from the places where the player is in a tight places. In a room with cacodemons, I died while trying to record the first demo. The second attempt was already made on GZDoom, because I felt that it would be hot. The truth was easier ... In the second demo (about 15 minutes), I got lost due to the bug. If the player presses all six buttons on the platforms before approaching the button that opens the door to the exit, the guard bars near the button do not rise. I had to use the cheat to finish the level. And there are two stuck zombies with shotguns in the niche. :D Will be seen in the second demo...

I save this map in my collection when bugs will be fixed.

Blue_4_5.png - Visuals (4 / 5)
Blue_3_5.png - Detailing (3 / 5)
Blue_3_5.png - Gameplay (3 / 5)
Blue_4_5.png - Atmosphere (4 / 5)
Orange_3_5.png - Difficulty (3 / 5)

Green_4_5.png - Overall Rating (4 / 5)

Doom_Font_Green_Arrow.png Isolation Demos (StormCatcher.77).zip

FDA - PrBoom 2.5.1.3, SDA - GZDoom 2.2.0

MysteriousHaruko
I tried to understand what the COLORMAP was, but ... unsuccessfully. :) Apparently this is something related to vanilla-maps. If this piece can be included only for a particular map, then let it be. And if it is global, it's better to do without it.

Edited by StormCatcher.77

18 hours ago, Soldier993 said:

Coop: Yes but not tested.

Iso.zip

I did a max in 5:18. Two shotgunners in the final area are stuck. Fun map to speed through. 

Funny thing is the "warm-up combat" with the pistol and shotgun is "harder" than the rest of the map when everything is played aggressively, at least for me, but I don't see a problem with that. Before this, I managed to survive my first playthrough (first in the proper compatibility) but I ran out of ammo near the end without the PR secret. 'Zerking mancs in prBoom+ is doable but some people might complain about that. An extra shellbox or making a chaingun available would help there, because even though there is a berserk early, most of the map's traps call for SSG use.  

Edit: Looks great, antares. 

Edited by rdwpa

Thanks to rdwpa & StormCatcher.77, I have updated my original post with an updated map & some info.

Here are the changes:

- Shotgunners aren't stuck anymore.

- Added more ammo.

- Berserk was removed & replaced with backpack & the first secret contains chaingun now.

- Added an additional secret.

- Last area, the bars are always closed, so switches won't cause any bugs now.

On 3/15/2017 at 9:04 PM, StormCatcher.77 said:

Nate River
It was nice to plunge into Wulf's atmosphere. At first the map seems easy, but there are times when the machine-gun is empty.... ;]

Crunchynut44
Quite a complicated map. Ideally, it would go to Plutonia Experiment. At the first attempt I survived only a minute and was finished off by the revenant. I recorded the demo from the second try. As a result, managed to capture a fairly stressful race from the crowds of monsters.

Doom_Font_Green_Arrow.pngSecond Demo Attempt 14 min,  PrBoom 2.5.1.3

MysteriousHaruko
Looks like a pretty classic map with some new textures.

Sure Bowb
Detailing is very encouraging! :D

Sorry am I missing somthing, that links takes me back to the original post?