Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StormCatcher.77

Doomworld Mega Project 2017 (Final)

9 minutes ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

I know, but can author forgive this? :)

The moment somebody makes an exception for you, said person needs to make an exception for everybody else, so: No.

14 minutes ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

Stromcatcher77, can we make one more map or it is to many for you an WAD?

Instead of making two maps, make one decent map.

1 hour ago, rdwpa said:

Instead of making two maps, make one decent map.

My first map is good. Now I had just get new idea, but this is one map and I dont know where project to add...

9 hours ago, complexDoomer said:

Just one question can we do another level for the project Doomworld mega project 2017 ?

This tradition of "one mapper - one map", which permeates all stages of the DMP, I would not like to neglect it. Before the New Year, you have time to change your map as you like. You can add or change both the content and the name of your work. I'm glad for any new ideas, but please try to implement them in one map.

6 hours ago, StormCatcher.77 said:

This tradition of "one mapper - one map", which permeates all stages of the DMP, I would not like to neglect it. Before the New Year, you have time to change your map as you like. You can add or change both the content and the name of your work. I'm glad for any new ideas, but please try to implement them in one map.

OK now I understood thanks for the reply

10 hours ago, CrazyDoomguy said:

My first map is good. Now I had just get new idea, but this is one map and I dont know where project to add...

Upload it as a solo project, it's not mandatory making maps only for community projects!

Author: Philnemba 

Map name: Starport Anomaly

Compatibility: Boom

Playtesting: prboom-plus 2.5.1.5 test/Zandromum 2.1.2/Zdoom 2.8.1

Allow jumping and\or crouching: no 

Skill settings: yes

Build time: on & off for about a week and a half 

Tools used: DoomBuilder 2 Slade 3

Resources: Doom episode 1 sky(I'm aware of the "Sky textures must not replace SKY1 or RSKY1" rule so Stormcatcher.77 can remove it if he wishes it)

Music track: D_E1M9

Bugs: none as far as I know

Comments: A episode 1 style map with a few hellish elements and added Doom 2 textures with difficulty being higher than the OG episode 1 maps. With the exception of Hell Knights replacing most Barons on easier difficulties, this map only has monsters & weapons from Doom Episode 1.

Screenshot_74.png.817932578f0140d39c8aae1ebcd9f281.pngScreenshot_73.png.058091bb108c28d0c84c023cd517236a.png

PhilDMP2017.zip

Looks really cool!

Also, you can turn the new sky as a new graphic patch, then give it a Linedef action 271  with the upper linedef using your new sky texture (if I recall correctly)...

I tried to get some screenshots from map i prepare. still can't say when i finish and release my map, probably around end of november.

Screenshot_Doom_20170828_131759.png

11 minutes ago, Mr. Trotl said:

I tried to get some screenshots from map i prepare. still can't say when i finish and release my map, probably around end of november.

Nice, reminds me a bit of Alien Vendetta. Question; What are the black lines next to the light poles with health potions on them? Looks like shadow that is a result from the ceiling having low light but I can't tell.

I had to throw out the sky and palettize everything, but it was sufficient. It has 1736 kilobytes, but only 592 of them are resource kilobytes now. The remaining 1144 are map kilobytes of the UDMF map.

GJUNX

A map by RaphaelMode

Compatibility: ZDoom (UDMF format)

Playtesting: ZDoom v2.8.1

Allow jumping and\or crouching: No

Skill settings: Yes!

Build time: 7 weeks, apparently.

Tools used: Slade3, DoomBuilder 2.

Resources:

• White concrete from Plutonia
  • Dark bricks from Community Chest 4 texture pack
  • Town wall from that big city map where you start in a metro and you can use vehicles and basketballs and spray paint and stuff.
  • New Imp & Baron death frames by Xim
  • Everything else craeted by me

Music track:

• dfd7 by Ribbiks
  • Demetria by Ribbiks
  • Scary Go Round by Jimmy

Bugs: No

Comments: Welcome to the land of GJUNX! A beautiful half-baked idea that felt like a solution. What went wrong? It's time to dive deep and find out! This was initially supposed to have a lot more story focus but I gave up on it. It would detract from mainstraem action a Doomworld Mega Project player is likely to desire to some extent, and perhaps it would state too claerly what GJUNX is. And once things are certain, they get rigid and unfun... In any case, this is an introduction to GJUNX right here! I hope it's well perceived! You will finally get the chance to fight what lurked from the walls on a few occasions alraedy...

GeYsLvE.png

znLXRMG.png

GJUNX_by_Raphael.zip

Fantastic proyect you have here. Sucks that I just dont have the time to get into Mapping, but good luck to all of you! Be sure that I well try this wads! 

Best of luck.

''Feel the pain one last time.'' 

On 28/8/2017 at 5:40 AM, Mr. Trotl said:

Screenshot_Doom_20170828_131759.png

Wow! At first look I can tell you it looks fantastic! Nice work. 

If it isn't too late, I'd like to join the project.

I currently have a map fully outlined. It just needs to be detailed and a couple areas rebuilt. I'm hoping that being a part of a team again will give me the motivation I need to finish it.

2 hours ago, Voltcom9 said:

@StormCatcher.77 Have you considered doing an introductory HUB similar to what was present in Doomworld Mega Project 2016? It was a cool option being able to pick whichever maps you wanted to play from the hub.

would be fantastic if this introductory hub will be this year too. the most beautiful thing in last year was choosing whichever map you want

Updated my map. Some texture corrections, cleaning up the automap and a small change to the gameplay in one area.

I attached the final version of the map to my original post.

Edited by Nate River : update

I'm interested in joining the project. After a long hiatus (over 15 years since I last worked on a map), I'd like to get back into mapping, and this project seems like a good foray back into it.

35 minutes ago, Pegleg said:

I'm interested in joining the project. After a long hiatus (over 15 years since I last worked on a map), I'd like to get back into mapping, and this project seems like a good foray back into it.

15 Years? Wow! Thats a long time. I cant wait to see what map you come up with.

35 minutes ago, Ninehills42 said:

15 Years? Wow! Thats a long time. I cant wait to see what map you come up with.

I dabbled with mapping in the mid- to late-90's and then lost touch with it for awhile. For some reason, I happened to look it up again in the last year or so and decided that this was a fun hobby and to try to get back into it. So, thanks for the encouragement.