StormCatcher.77

Doomworld Mega Project 2017 (Final)

Hello! Here's my entry:

Name: Proxima Centauri Lust

Author: Ninehills42

Compatibility: boom

Tested with: Zandronum, Gzdoom and Prboom 2.5.1.3

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6u3t5iykguz5hut/ProximaCentauriLust.wad

Build time: Long (over the year with breaks, so I dont know)

Difficulty settings: +

Custom textures: + (N42*****)

Music: Chasing Suns from Sunlust map01

Inspired by: Well... Sunlust.

Screenshots:

2g4cGbJ.png

EUshO9n.png

KhexWo0.png

9mNMYIX.png

Last Patch: 

- Added 2 rockets before yellow key.

Edited by Ninehills42

@Ninehills42

The gameplay of this map makes me remember Plutonia. Even the very beginning is quite hard, but in general there are no strong kinks in the difficulty. Most of all the damage a player receives in close traps, the suddenness of which, confuses and causes the player to make mistakes. Detailing is excellent, and the visuals can be called quite original. I like such experiments with sector lighting. In general, challenging and fun map!

Doom_Font_Green_Arrow.png  First Demo Attempt GZDoom 3.2.0

In my collection:

Blue_4_5.png - Visuals (4 / 5)
Blue_4_5.png - Detailing (4 / 5)
Blue_3_5.png - Gameplay (3 / 5)
Blue_3_5.png - Atmosphere (3 / 5)
Orange_4_5.png - Difficulty (4 / 5)

Green_4_5.png - Overall Rating  (4 / 5)

@cannonball I wasn't able to looke around and i have allready two lost souls up to my face which reminds me that the gameplay was in most places very good and wise but some places lacks in ammo and i need to say some ammo and monster placement need improvements.Revenants was placed bit early that they supposed to be.  Atmosphere was very nice and with this neat detailing and very well done heights changes i need to say i give my hat off. The way how some secret was made is awesome and very enjoyable.

But how stormcatcher said, is really awesome how someone can made map of this quality in 5 days only, but yeahh is important if you made sketch before and how much you spend per day on it.

Very very good job sir.

I had planned to make a map for this and well, I did start something a few months ago but, never got around to finish it or even bother editing it anymore. 

So, here it is. It is for UDMF and you are of course free to do whatever changes you want (if anyone wants to use this of course) provided you just credit me. You don't even have to make it a map for the dwmp17. I'm just putting it here because this is what it was intended for at the start :)

Anyhow, here are some pics: https://imgur.com/a/YU3lO

And of course, attached is the link to what I've made so far. 

Have fun. 

DWMP17.zip

@Yugiboy85

It looks very encouraging! The map shows strengths in terms of design and gameplay. I would, still hoped to see the completed version. Maybe it's just to cut the initial idea and pass the map short, but complete? Time still exists.

If someone decides to continue the development of this map, double authorship will be indicated.

Decided to enlist my acs stomping ground map into this. Granted it's chock full of newbie scripts and some more advanced scripts. I'll have it done well before the deadline, and there's a few horrific parts.

Highlight at the moment is that chaingunners spawn archviles on death and vise versa.

Before the year is over, here's the updated version of my level; The Kerberos Complex. If there's no significant glitch that breaks the level, this will be the final version.

- Rey keycard area is changed, making the player unable to skip the monster ambush.
- Some secret areas are slightly adjusted, allowing the player to find them easier.
- Some encounters are adjusted for better gameplay.
- Fixed a couple of texture misalignments.
- Fixed a glitch, related to the godsphere in front of 6-key switch.

Click Here to download

Back in September, I started creating the map that I planned to submit to this project. With other family and work commitments I could only work on it sparingly, but I thought I was making reasonable progress, even though the map was starting to sprawl. I came to the realization last night that I still have a lot of work to do, not including the fact that I'm missing a chunk of the map that I thought I had already created (so it would be impossible to finish the map without cheating). Coupled with the holidays and other family responsibilities, I have decided to put that map on the back burner and finish it later. So, I won't be submitting that to this project.

That being said, I have an idea for another map that I should be able to finish by the end of the year. I plan to submit that (as yet unmade) map for this CP, @StormCatcher.77, so don't take my name off the interested list just yet.

What's going to happen after the deadline? Will there be a beta testing phase during which we'll be able to edit our maps? Or are you going to post the final compilation immediately?

Been looking to try and make a map of my own for the first time, and I've had a few ideas. I'll have to look into making something for this.

@Memfis

Yes, immediately (about 1, 2, 4, 8, 16 days... ;) after the deadline, a complete compilation of all maps will be released. It is not possible to add a new maps or replace the submitted maps. All authors who have not finished their maps by deadline will transfer them to the next DMP (I hope :3). Any correction of errors on the maps will be accepted at any time after deadline.

At the moment, there are only 32 maps in the project. This is the smallest ammount in the entire history of DMP. Maybe I scared everyone with my "ratings"? There are practically no vanilla maps. Something easy from beginners, too, does not appear.

:(

27 minutes ago, StormCatcher.77 said:

This is the smallest ammount in the entire history of DMP.

If you look at past DMP threads, you'll see that most maps always get submitted in December, and although I haven't counted them, I'd guess that there was always less than 32 maps submitted up to each year's November 22nd.

6 minutes ago, scifista42 said:

If you look at past DMP threads, you'll see that most maps always get submitted in December, and although I haven't counted them, I'd guess that there was always less than 32 maps submitted up to each year's November 22nd.

Kind of. Most of us are master procrastinators.

Turned out that there were more things to fix. Many thanks to everyone who played my level so far! :)

- Fixed one major glitch that can break the game.
- Fixed a slime trail near the blue keycard.
- Fixed a glitch, related to the godsphere in front of 6-key switch, again.
- Some secrets are changed, allowing the player to reach them easier.
- A small change for the 6-key switch combat.
- Added some teleporters to assist the coop gameplay.

DMP2017_antares031_v20171122

I'm interested in mapping for this, but I would like to use textures and music from TNT. Will using TNT as my resource .wad cause problems when integrating my map with others?

I don't know how to add resources to my PWADs manually, and I'm not sure if I'll have the time to learn how to do that with everything else going on in my life right now.

@Skeletonpatch Glad to welcome! The main wad of this project is doom2.wad. Do not give up participation. You can take as a basis TNT, and then I'll add the textures and music from it to your map, so that it is compatible with the project. Simply, together with the map release, tell me what kind of music and textures there should be.

12 minutes ago, StormCatcher.77 said:

@Skeletonpatch Glad to welcome! The main wad of this project is doom2.wad. Do not give up participation. You can take as a basis TNT, and then I'll add the textures and music from it to your map, so that it is compatible with the project. Simply, together with the map release, tell me what kind of music and textures there should be.

Ok, I've already started the map and have a pretty basic idea as of what I want to accomplish. Hopefully I can pull it off.

On 1/31/2017 at 7:20 AM, Dragonfly said:

My map is finished! It's a small-medium sized map for GZDoom.

The map is called Integrity. [DOWNLOAD]

0dbd4b872261c92ce9553dd2fedc2136.png
81a6440a2b75233d07100c01aae4c6fa.jpg
e91a9edf53753976abfb8a697f4c9ba3.png
87a1202f7a5fb90e78eedd6a6243edfb.jpg
ec47145ccc6f562e3d73ae29a00c4c08.jpg
37c6159b6c292cf877b1229c3d7bdee4.jpg
7e4256591ec848d16e142f3b07017256.jpg
8e92b872473b9a8e98e9795830d1cce6.jpg

Credit information (also included in pk3):

Reveal hidden contents

MAPPING
Joshua 'Dragonfly' O'Sullivan
- Build Time: Around 7 - 10 days?
- Software used: GZDoomBuilder, Slade3
- IWAD: Doom2.wad
- Source Port: GZDoom, latest build recommended as usual

TEXTURES
Black & Green Texture pack by 'Agaures'
CWB Texture Pak 1 by 'Afterglow' & 'Covaro'

MUSIC
Ophidian by 'Jimmy'
Dark Angel by 'Jimmy'

How do you go about accessing the secret where the BFG is located? I tried opening the demo but my GZDoom is g3.2.1 and the demo was recorded with a different version.