Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StormCatcher.77

Doomworld Mega Project 2017 (Final)

Yes i do, but when i first did the dmp in 2014 i did need the premission though, but ok guess now it's easier, well i make the best map ever still, Rage 3, i started with that name i shall stick with it

Ok first i did 2014 dmp, then 2015 i skipped i think because i started mapping like 5 min before new years eve and 2016 i did and 2017 is here motherfuckers 

TIC.zip

On 12/21/2017 at 8:47 AM, Lorenz0 said:

I think I have a map I could submit. It's really short so I didn't want to release it as a standalone project, but it may be a good fit here.

Author: Lorenz0 (or do I say my real name?)

Map name: Antidote

Compatibility: ZDoom

Playtesting: Zandronum 3.0

Allow jumping and\or crouching: it doesn't matter

Skill settings: No

Build time: A month

Tools used: GZDoombuilder

Resources: BlackGreenTechTexturesPack, nb_silv (I used like 1 texture from each pack)

Music track: Taken from this wad: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/p-r/qstrsfst

Bugs: None that I'm aware of

Comments: A really short, amateurish map. It's easy, so it should probably go somewhere at the beggining of the megawad.

Download: Antidote.zip

Screenshots:

TAIXbSm.jpg

kH51Dnh.jpg

I beat your level.

3 hours ago, mArt1And00m3r11339 said:

I beat your level.

It's pretty cool to see my level on youtube, but m8 wtf are those noises?

hello i would like to be a part of this but am incapable of producing maps at any sort of reasonable pace

can I:

1. submit a map that i've previously technically released (even though it was a super long time ago and i've updated it quite a bit)
  2. then continue to work on and update said map and use it in a future actual release

or are these things illegal

I've updated my map, Don't Touch!

(download link)

Now it features many other monsters, ranging from imps to revenants! Most of them are slower, giving you time to react, but can attack you in other ways besides triggering the instakill deathtrap! Also notably, ammo refilling has been made less annoying. Enjoy!

4 hours ago, Ninehills42 said:

Cmon guys, its almost new year. Even the master procrastinators should be finishing their maps soon :)

I'm beyond master, I worked on it for like 3 days at the start of the year and stopped until the 5th of december so far I only  have about a quarter of the map done due to more procrastination

Admittedly, most of my map is yet to be made, but I already have something:

whoUe3u.png

I actually have a bit more than what's shown in the screenshot. I'm once again making a non-linear map this year.

1 hour ago, scifista42 said:

Admittedly, most of my map is yet to be made, but I already have something:

whoUe3u.png

I actually have a bit more than what's shown in the screenshot. I'm once again making a non-linear map this year.

Nice satellite! Is that done with 3D floors or some properly precise vanilla sector work?

Author: Jjp
Map name: Six Tricks

Compatibility: Boom
Playtesting: PrBoom-Plus 2.5.1.4 -complevel 9, GZDoom 3.2.3 with Boom compatflags
Allow jumping and/or crouching: No
Skill settings: Yes

Build time: About 10 days
Tools used: SLADE 3.1.1.5

Resources used: none
Music track: D_SHAWN from Doom II

Bugs: The map depends on shootable switches for progression, so if the player runs out of bullets and shells in certain parts of the map, they will be stuck.
Comments: A Boom-compatible map with six gimmicky set pieces that can be done in any order.

Download: dmp2017_jjp.zip (run with cc4falls.wad)

Map is nearly complete. It is also my first (successful) attempt at implementing more than 1000 monsters. And it's a speedmap, made in a matter of hours. Only there is a twist...

Upload will be tomorrow. BWa-hahahahahahahahahaha!

Today I skip my map, that i made 1,5 month. All this time was boring as hell. It was a boring and hellishly monotonous creation of the terrains and rock formations. Yesterday I tried to texture it, and realized that I was waiting for another 1.5 months of hellishly boring texturing. In addition, I will have to learn how to draw normal textures, because the fact that now looks just hellishly ugly. I'm just ashamed to publish it.

dmp-2017-00022951294.jpg

I hope that I will still find the strength to try to create a new map from scratch. Something small.

@Spectre01 I consider it permissible only to correct any mistakes or minor non-global edits (for example, in the balance sheet). Adding new locations\details or replacing them after the deadline will not be possible.

My entry for the project. Don't be scared by the number of monsters. The map can be beaten quick...

Author: Obake

Map name: 1000 in less than 10

Compatibility: Boom (though playing with GZdoom is recommended. I haven't tested it in strict Boom yet.)

Playtesting: GZdoom Builder

Allow jumping and\or crouching: No

Skill settings: Yes

Build time: About seven hours

Tools used: GZDoom Builder, Slade3

Resources: Stock

Music track: "Pyramid of Fear", from the game Zombies Ate My Neighbors, owned by Lucas Arts Entertainment.

Bugs: Brief lag at points.

Comments: A short but highly difficult map. Watch the monster count!

Please let me know what you all think!

Edit: Also, thanks to the Youtuber Prime VGM for the music!

Download: thous.zip

Screenshot_Doom_20171227_115037.png

Screenshot_Doom_20171227_115101.png

Edited by obake

13 hours ago, StormCatcher.77 said:

I hope that I will still find the strength to try to create a new map from scratch. Something small.

I support your quest for a small map. That way you'll have a map in your own project.

Remember, American McGee made Dead Simple overnight. So it can be done. Your map doesn't need to be the next Hell Revealed/Deus Vult/Eternal Doom epic. Something simple, clean, and fun is perfectly alright to aim for (in my mind). This is a message I need to remind myself.

Good luck!

16 hours ago, StormCatcher.77 said:

On the other hand, that map looks way too fascinating to just get rid of.

Why not make it the secret map?  Just spawn a Cyberdemon in one corner and boom - job's done!

Author: TheOrganGrinder

Map name: Putrid Hollow

Compatibility: limit removing

Playtesting: ZDoom 2.8pre-1701-gd786148 64-bit

Allow jumping and\or crouching: no

Skill settings: implemented, under adjustment as of 27/12/2017

Build time: roughly two months

Tools used: Doom Builder version 2.1.2.1553

Resources: cc4falls.wad as provided for the Doomworls Mega Project 2017

Music track: intended to be played with "In the Dark" (D_THE_DA), however this isn't currently implemented as I'm not sure whether it's best (or necessary, or permitted) to rip an existing music track from the Doom II IWAD, or if this is something that will be implemented at the compilation stage - @StormCatcher.77, what's youre preference?  The version of the WAD attached currently has no changes to the music but can be tested with the intended track using IDMUS06.

Bugs: none known, however I'm still doing a final pass for detailing and alignment, difficult adjustment, and the implementation of teleporting monsters - there are landing spots for some/most of the intended traps but no waiting rooms full of monters to supply them.  My intention is to have these added tomorrow or on Friday but I wanted to get a preliminary version uploaded as soon as possible.

Comments: a small-to-medium cavern map and my first released level :)

NEW download 29/12/2017: togputr2.wad

Download: TOGputrd.wad

Spoiler

38463866765_55d4b3322f_b.jpg

38463866865_1ab6465295_b.jpg

38633826104_b0d819d050_b.jpg

38463866245_86e8fed63e_b.jpg

Edited by TheOrganGrinder : Revised WAD uploaded