Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StormCatcher.77

Doomworld Mega Project 2017 (Final)

You know what? I'll try and make a map for this. I have been doodling with doombuilder for some time now, so I think I can cook up something that is somewhat "edible".

I might make something toward the end of the year. I think I'll use some of the textures Memfis used.

I've been playing Doom for almost a decade but just starting out making maps. I'm interested to contribute a map though since I already have some ideas and there should be enough time until the end of the year to learn and refine my mapping skills.

scifista42 said:

By the way, Suitepee, you've apparently been added you to the mapper list in the OP. I recommend you to respond to this (I presume) accident by actually making a map for this year's project. :)

Well I was considering keeping this a secret for a while and actually making something on the sly, but I've decided to just announce that I will keep my name on the interested mappers list and actually try to make something this time around. (previously tried for NOVA 3, but stopped trying to make a map)
After all, this project allows anything playable in so there's a lot less pressure to make something super-awesome. Can't guarantee that I'll make something in time, but I will try.

Suitepee said:

After all, this project allows anything playable in so there's a lot less pressure to make something super-awesome. Can't guarantee that I'll make something in time, but I will try.

That sounds like a good attitude. I'll also try my best though and have already started working on it. ;D

My progression. First,I`ll draw main lines and after that,I`ll add more details and expand sectors,so it won`t look like one large corridor. Large parts are going to be main rooms with stuff. This map was supposed to be vanilla,but I`m afraid to reach vanilla limits,so I changed it in boom format.

I hope this could be ok, if you found any problems while playing this please tell me!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/b8vungqb0qoq1hr/valhalla.wad

Author: Walter Confalonieri
Map name: Valhalla awaits you!

Compatibility: limit-removing port
Playtesting: chocorenderlimits, prboom 2.5.0.3, skulltag 3.0 alpha
Allow jumping and\or crouching: no
Skill settings: yes

Build time: 2 weeks, more than less
Tools used: doom builder 2, slade3 3.1.1.3, zdbsp

Resources: Modified stock textures (but added in the wad as new textures!), Plutonia Experiment, TNT: Evilution, Zoon Textures, Dusk Textures, 32in24-12 texture pack, MS Paint stuff made by me, pictures from internet
Music track: 6.mid from H.U.R.L.

Bugs: a massive HOM at the starting building at the outdoor and a little HOM in the second half of the map in vanilla doom 2
Comments: A colorful city map, the level starts where my map in DMP 2016 ends and it uses these two limitations: 50 monsters and using only the "new" doom 2 monsters (expect for lost soul, that is the PE shot).

MysteriousHaruko said:

My progression. First,I`ll draw main lines and after that,I`ll add more details and expand sectors,so it won`t look like one large corridor. Large parts are going to be main rooms with stuff. This map was supposed to be vanilla,but I`m afraid to reach vanilla limits,so I changed it in boom format.

Yeah, I suggesting to add more windows which connected to other places. Sometimes I forgot this but later will add.

I'm using limit-removing format this time. Still don't touching BOOM format, but may be I will start someday.

# Walter Confalonieri

A simple and colorful work. I wanted to record FDA, but it was in this trap:

If you step over the crates, no longer get out of there without IDCLIP. Maybe there was to be a border, or I missing something ...

StormCatcher.77 said:

# Walter Confalonieri

A simple and colorful work. I wanted to record FDA, but it was in this trap:

https://postimg.org/image/q4x2p2sab/

If you step over the crates, no longer get out of there without IDCLIP. Maybe there was to be a border, or I missing something ...

Oh well... Is just me that I missed to put a impassable line there... i'll fix that later!

FDA for Walter's map. It was weird and interesting to explore thanks to the new graphics.

Some notes:
- http://i.imgur.com/dAhETNB.png - texture is displayed incorrectly in prboom-plus because it's 96 units wide (should be 128).
- For better or worse, the meme hall is rather dark so it's difficult to actually see the pictures, at least in software mode.
- The spider in sector 193 is too low so most of the time he can't shoot at the player. You can raise the floor to 104, noone will notice anyway.
- Here is another way to get stuck. Maybe you could put a super secret in there?

Thanks for the feedback!

Added some routes to the backyard section (the one where you get stuck), adding a teleport that leads you to the super secret section and in the other tricky route i just put a teleport that bring you to the green tower, crafted from a unused spot at the starting build, plus fixed the bugs that memfis pointed out in his playing, link is the same!

My map is finished! It's a small-medium sized map for GZDoom.

The map is called Integrity. [DOWNLOAD]

Credit information (also included in pk3):

Spoiler

MAPPING
Joshua 'Dragonfly' O'Sullivan
- Build Time: Around 7 - 10 days?
- Software used: GZDoomBuilder, Slade3
- IWAD: Doom2.wad
- Source Port: GZDoom, latest build recommended as usual

TEXTURES
Black & Green Texture pack by 'Agaures'
CWB Texture Pak 1 by 'Afterglow' & 'Covaro'

MUSIC
Ophidian by 'Jimmy'
Dark Angel by 'Jimmy'

FDA-Max of Walter's map at a blazing 14-something minutes. Interesting 'happy-themed' map with good ammo balance. Memes were too dank for me though and I didn't get most of them. :(

Also cool pics Dragonfly. Coloured lighting is looking thick, solid, tight etc.

Gorgeous job! Create work of such high quality for 7-10 days - this is a sign of an experienced master. To come up only concept of similar map, I would have to spend a couple of months... Gameplay is challenging, it's very cool experience! I give it high score in my personal collection. I think that more than once run through this base!

mediafire.com/file/18xs5sdw7p6hn6d/Integrity_SC77_FDA.lmp]First Demo Attempt GZDoom 2.2.0, 14 min

At first try I play with a hidden HUD. When I played the demo, I was horrified by how many times could die ...

For my personal collection:

- Visuals (4 / 5)
- Detailing (4 / 5)
- Atmosphere (4 / 5)
- Gameplay (5 / 5)
- Difficulty (4 / 5)

- Overall Rating (4 / 5)

If map was bigger, it would be 5 / 5.

Thank you for the review and compliments. I've yet to look at the demo as I'm currently at work, but thanks for it nonetheless!

StormCatcher.77 said:

If map was bigger, it would be 5 / 5.

I agree a bigger map might be more fun, but I decided that for now I wanted the map to be 'bitesize' to make it a manageable map to make and not eat up too much of my time. If I find I have an abundance of time on my hands in the coming weeks I may revisit the map and add a bit more to the map. :)

Spectre01 said:

FDA-Max of Walter's map at a blazing 14-something minutes. Interesting 'happy-themed' map with good ammo balance. Memes were too dank for me though and I didn't get most of them. :(

Not for a reason that place is called "Hall of unknown memes" XD

Anyway funny demo, finally someone get that berserk! Also, you play as the same way I playing my map...