Map: MAP01

Textures: Stock

Music: Stock

Build time: About 30 to 40 hours spread over 2 weeks

Tools used: Eureka

Gameplay: Designed for single player, but has co-op and deathmatch starts

Difficulty Settings: Yes

Multiplayer Placement: Yes

Requirements: No requirements. Since it is intended to be Vanilla, it was designed around not using jumping, crouching, and freelook.

Known bugs: The name of the map still reads "Entryway." For some reason, the areas that I marked as secret don't say "A secret has been revealed," but they do register as secrets at the end of the level. There was a HOM and a possible visplane overflow in the opening area, but I think both have been fixed.

Comments: Here is my submission, coming in just under the wire. This is the first map that I have actually finished in several years, so I some rust to knock off. This was meant to be a rather short map; for reference, it's comparable in size to Maps 6, 17, and 26 in the original Doom 2. I meant for the map to be challenging, particularly on the higher difficulty levels, but I'm not particularly good as a player, so perhaps my idea of challenging is lower than others. Sorry for the lack of screenshots.

Let me know what you think.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Doom/garsnmtn.wad

Hello, i am ScooT9 but i have changed my name, this is the map that i have made in 3 days, so enjoy.

Author: cambreaKer (also known as ScooT9)
Map name: Cold As Hell

Compatibility: GZDoom (hexen format)
Playtesting: GZDoom
Allow jumping and\or crouching: Yes
Skill settings: Yes

Build time: 3 days
Tools used: GZDoom Builder

Resources: None
Music track: Running From Evil

Bugs: None (i think)
Comments: I started this map around December 27th, and this map was kind of rushed a bit. There were many ideas about maps for this project
including a big arena where you fight a bunch of monsters, a "uac base" map that was called "cambreaKer HQ", a prison escape map, and a map called
"A Doom Chainsaw Massacre" where you kill monsters with a chainsaw.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/a78x293d3voy8j5/coldasHELL.rar

Edited by cambreaKer : music track was "01" and i thought some people might not know what that means.

The final version of my map, with just a touch of aesthetic changes. Thanks to everyone who playtested, and congratulations to everyone whose contributed to the project.

thous3.zip

Author: dmg_64 (obviously)

Map name: The Wind Guides You.

Compatibility: GZDoom

Playtesting: GZDoom

Allow jumping and\or crouching: Jumping only, not so much jumping required though

Skill settings: None, it's all the same

Build time: I wasn't counting, but It took me about 2 weeks to get it finished.

Tools used: GZDoom Builder & Slade3

Resources: Mechadon' Box o' Skies, Recolored Doom Texture Pack by Nick Baker, Nightmare Animation Pack

Music track: Vah Naboris Shrine B - The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild.

Bugs: I don't know any.

Comments: If you like puzzles, try this, Monsterless map.

Link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/l19qw79ei63dmcu/wind-guides-you.zip?dl=0

Screenshot_Doom_20171231_191140.png

Edited by dmg_64

My preferred way to deal with end of the year deadlines is the following: As long as it's still the old year in some time zone on Earth, the deadline has not passed yet. When it's the new year in every time zone, the deadline has passed. I consider this the most fair option, as it prolongs the time before deadline as much as possible AND sets the deadline to the same time for everyone regardless of where they live. So if we were going by this definition, and according to this website (if I'm reading it right), the exact deadline would pass 35 hours 32 minutes after this post was made.

WELL HELLO

Author: Obsidian

Map name: Big Flamewar at Little Temple

Compatibility: Boom (could've been vanilla if I didn't have to faff around with the sky and switches)

Playtesting: ZDoom 2.8.1, PrBoom+ 2.5.1.3, GlBoom+ 2.5.1.3

Allow jumping and\or crouching: Nah

Build time: 3 or 4 days, I think.

Tools used: Doom Builder 2, SLADE

Resources: All the new textures are from Rebirth by Vader and are used with permission: apparently I need to just credit him and email him a copy of the wad, heh.

Music track: I found it on MAP06 of Epic 2, I dunno what it's called.

Bugs: Not as far as I know.

Comments: I was playing Rebirth and thinking to myself that the maps didn't really explore the new themes that the textures made possible. Also those window textures look freakin' cool and I wanted to use 'em. :P

Screenshot_Doom_20171231_125819.png

Author: Matt Devlin

Map name: Portal Control

Compatibility: Vanilla Doom 2

Playtesting: PRBoom Plus

Allow jumping and\or crouching: No

Build time: 3 days

Tools used: Doom Builder 2

Resources: DOOM2.WAD and PLUTONIA.WAD

Bugs: Maybe some cosmetic issues that I didn't catch [texture alignments and such], but other than that the mechanical aspects of the level work fine.

Comments: I was originally going for a much larger map, but I couldn't decide on a direction as far as what I wanted to do with the level. I've been wanting to do a map for standard Doom 2 that can be beaten in less than five minutes, that much I decided. No flashy ZDoom effects or convoluted voodoo doll gimmicks, just raw Doom 2. My original design for this level ended up becoming too complicated detail-wise and ultimately I felt that the map was becoming too long as I was falling back into my old habit of needlessly tacking on extra rooms. I kept dragging my feet trying to figure out what I wanted to do with the level and, ultimately, I decided to rebuild from scratch. Which lead to another rebuild. And another. After about four or five revisions, I arrived at this thing. I feel I might have made the map too small, but unfortunately I'm out of time to fix that.

If there's any outstanding issues that affect the playablility of the level, please let me know. I'll be online all day to fix any last minute issues.

Portal Control.zip

Map Name: Lava Dome

Compatibility: GZDoom (3D slopes)
Playtesting: GZDoom 3.2.4
Allowances: Jumping (required), Crouching
Skill Settings: All
Coop Monsters: Yes

Build time: 14 hours
Tools used: GZ Doom Builder, Slade 3

Resources: 
Music track: Lava Dome by Ryuji Sasai, MIDI Remaster by Carlo Nassar

Textures:

• Aquatex
  • NMN
  • FUZZBALL.wad
  • SKYD13 (PINCHY00) from 32in24-15

Comments: Requires the supplied cc4falls.wad. Music might be improved later if possible.

Media:

d4y5VbM.jpg

Gosh, this makes my map look like trash, more than it already is, gg Pinchy

Anyways little update, I noticed some textures not loading properly on my map so I fixed it, Hope i'm not late, Link updated in previous post.

i'm cuttin it close as buttons right now

i'm tryna add more areas but i still have to rename my textures and stuffs

and then i have to actually test the map, like a lot

i hope i can pull it off ;~;

32 minutes ago, dmg_64 said:

Gosh, this makes my map look like trash, more than it already is, gg Pinchy

Anyways little update, I noticed some textures not loading properly on my map so I fixed it, Hope i'm not late, Link updated in previous post.

My rule #1, which I created after my first submission way back in late 2014:

1. Never give in to intimidation or doubt

No matter how good someone elses work looks, you can make it there, and beyond.

1 hour ago, Pinchy said:
Spoiler

Map Name: Lava Dome

Compatibility: GZDoom (3D slopes)
Playtesting: GZDoom 3.2.4
Allowances: Jumping (required), Crouching
Skill Settings: All
Coop Monsters: Yes

Build time: 14 hours
Tools used: GZ Doom Builder, Slade 3

Resources: 
Music track: Lava Dome by Ryuji Sasai, MIDI Remaster by Carlo Nassar

Textures:

• Aquatex
  • NMN
  • FUZZBALL.wad
  • SKYD13 (PINCHY00) from 32in24-15

Comments: Requires the supplied cc4falls.wad. Music might be improved later if possible.

Media:

d4y5VbM.jpg

Im pretty sure you aren't supposed to be able to press the exit button right at the start without having any keys. Because that actaully happens.

Just over 16 hours until the deadline. Good luck everyone!

@StormCatcher.77 If you really can get this done in two weeks I think that'll be a record for the Doomworld Community projects. I recall last year's didn't come out until April! I always find compiling community projects takes way longer than I expect.  It's always the little things you forgot about (Titledefs, menu music, intermission screens, CWIL etc.) 

Edited by Bauul

1 hour ago, Bauul said:

Just over 12 hours until the deadline.

By my definition, it would be 16 hours 24 minutes until the deadline since your post, and 15 hours 5 minutes until the deadline since this post.

That said, I apologize about my map, it's too far from completion and I'm not in the mood for speedmapping these days, so I won't contribute to this year's project and save my map in progress for the next year.

10 minutes ago, scifista42 said:

By my definition, it would be 16 hours 24 minutes until the deadline since your post, and 15 hours 5 minutes until the deadline since this post.

Yep, sorry, my bad! I've edited my post. In the everyday world I'm used to my time zone being the very end of the day (American west coast) so I forgot there are some after me! 

I assume balancing/gameplay tweaks are still allowed after the due date? I can finish my map, but I'd have to "wing" the final encounter to make it in time.

Update:

Fixed: Bleeding textures in one of the outdoor "secret" areas.

Fixed: Teleport Destinations for monster traps were set to medium and hard only, causing monsters to be trapped outside the map on easy difficulties.

Fixed: Sectors erroneously set as secret.

Changed: Revenant positioning outside the key room window to be on the ledge closer to the window instead of the two concrete boxes.

Changed: Monster positioning in the starting area. I didn't like that the player could alert a monster crowd by simply stepping into the main hallway. I wanted to leave it more open so the player could chose a direction to start in without getting too overwhelmed too early on.

Changed: General lighting changes throughout the level to make it more interesting.

Added: Monster Traps to fill the gaps in combat after picking up the SSG, Chaingun, and Red Key.

Added: More ammo in various places throughout the level.

Added: More health and armor

Portal Control.zip

how many more seconds until the deadline

i can't see times anymore, it only shows the day things were posted >:c

I assume the deadline is midnight Hawaii standard time, current time 4:35PM in Hawaii.

The maps are flying in with the deadline approaching. But here in the eastern hemisphere (Australia) it is already January 1

@Spectre01 Yes, you are absolutely right. Bug fixes and gameplay adjustments can be made about a month after the first beta release. When the project is published on / idgames I will be ... mmm ... too lazy to do it.

@danielhday I think ... it's not critical, if to complete the development lacks a couple of hours. But definitely not the 2nd!

Remember that if your maps is not completely ready, do not cut it to add to this project. It's better to extend/rework it for the next DMP2018. It will be fine if at the start of the next project, there will be maps with a deep design.

I have the dilemma where I have my map nearly in the bag, but not really fully realized the way I intended. This is in part due to my own laziness; I started the map in October for a set of Halloween maps, but the project fell through, and I didn't manage to touch it again until yesterday. The map is technically completable, but it feels like I could flesh the whole thing out better. I feel like this is gonna end up as the first submission for DWMP 2018; I'll need a couple more days to flesh this out to my satisfaction.